Why become a member? ×

New Chapman Basses

Thunderpaws

I saw the sneak peaks of these on Instagram and got excited, I thought they had sorted out the ugly headstock. They have to an extent but the rest of it is still pretty ugly IMO. Sure the build will be great and it’s a lovely finish but for that kind of money I would be looking at the Dingwall NG3 for my fanned fret needs.

3 hours ago, thegummy said:

"When I was offered the chance to design these basses with Chapman Guitars I was first shocked as it was something I never thought I'd have the opportunity to do."

Don't know why he's shocked, as the bassist in Chapman's band, it was obvious he'd get a signature bass.

Take out 'Chapman Guitars' and insert any other brand and that is pretty much the standard quote for a press release for nearly every signature guitar or bass ever made. 

• Like 2

The MLB1-5 Pro for sure... otherwise, did someone say Ibanez? :crazy:

I'm thinking for the price as well, the signature bass seems good for those active 5 stringers out there who want multiscale and something between ibanez/Warwick basses but is it that good in comparison to some of the Ibanez' out there already? 

• 3 weeks later...