Why become a member? ×

New Fender Rumble amps, modelling!

uk_lefty

I see that fender are bringing the Mustang guitar amp technology to their bass amps and updating the Rumbles (well, the 40watt and a new 800watt) to include the technology they have in the Mustangs. 

I recently bought the fender bronco modelling amp and despite initial reservations I have to say I'm impressed. Far easier to use than I expected, but the "old" usb cable and so on do feel a bit dated already. Depending on price I reckon that Rumble 40 could be a great practice and recording tool.

• Like 1

I would be interested in a Rumble Stage 800 head. Coupled to my Barefaced Super Compact it may offer a simpler setup than my pedal board +Mesa Subway D800 for the function band I'm in. The preset switching on offer through the single footswitch may satisfy my needs. Let's hope the head is at a reasonable price point. 

27 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Fender's site pees me off. Whenever I get an email from them the links are broken because it just redirects to the UK home page!

It's so annoying! There's an option right at the bottom of the page to change your region, but it tends to work for a few pages and then "forget" and dump you back to the UK site.

Ooh that looks interesting. Anyone found any news other than the shop sites? Nothing on the (rubbish) Fender site :(

If the fx are good quality i.e. at least equal to my B3 I'll have probably have one. With a bit of luck they'll have sorted the stupid DI volume change issue which the V3's suffer from as well. Wish they'd kept the silver grilles mind.

1 minute ago, Chienmortbb said:

The Mustang 3 amps have been universally panned as useless for gigging by respected guitarists. They are said to be great for the bedroom but no use at stage volumes. If they cannot get it right for guitar, there is not much hope for bass....

I was watching a rig rundown (albeit of some band I'd never heard of) and both guitarists were using the Mustangs. By that youtube-compressed metric they sounded great. I hope the bass stuff is good enough!

59 minutes ago, Highfox said:

I was sold on that demo :)

I'm never going to use all those sounds. When I had a Zoom B1on it was very interesting but in the end I found one combination of effects I really liked and used that all the time. In the case of the B1on that's fine, as the thing is only £45 brand new so worth buying if it gets 'that' sound for you.

Edited by discreet
  • Like 1

The incorporation of Mustang style modelling and effects has no appeal to me whatsoever. The great thing about the V3 Rumbles are that they have a great tone and aren't 'over featured'. You just plug in, some minor twiddling if need be for personal taste and you're there. There's simply no need to add anything to these amps, and if u did want to,  buy a £45 Zoom B1n and put it through the fx loop

15 minutes ago, Marvin said:

You just plug in, some minor twiddling if need be for personal taste and you're there.

Quite, that was the appeal for me. When I first got one I plugged in a P Bass, set the EQ completely flat, turned it up and there it was - big, punchy tone - and lots of it. Great combo, even for big rooms.

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a Fender Rumble V3 100 watt combo and I am really impressed with it tonally. Plugged my Precision in, a little EQ fiddle and it sounds amazing. Not something I could do with my Little Mark 3 and NY112 cabs. Got me looking at the Rumble 500 head and speakers. If my Jazz sounds equally as good then very tempted to flog my MarkBass rig and move over to a Fender rig.

28 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

I just picked up a Fender Rumble V3 100 watt combo and I am really impressed with it tonally. Plugged my Precision in, a little EQ fiddle and it sounds amazing. Not something I could do with my Little Mark 3 and NY112 cabs. Got me looking at the Rumble 500 head and speakers. If my Jazz sounds equally as good then very tempted to flog my MarkBass rig and move over to a Fender rig.

I had the 500w combo, best rig I've had. Light, loud and sounded great. Regret selling it. Been looking at the 100w combo, glad to see you rate it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, basskit_case said:

Looks like they are now out in the shops, anybody tried/bought yet?

Yep, my Stage 800 arrived on Monday so I'm still getting to grips with the 100+ preset models, tones and various effects! It's got all the classic amp sounds from Fenders own Bassman and Rumble amps to Ampeg, GK, Orange and Marshall. The little bit of noodling I've done so far has been useful - for example there's a classic vintage tone labelled as Motown based on a "Rockin' 'peg" Ampeg which I'm sure I'll use for gigging.

You can edit and save your own sounds too and create your own set lists to use at gigs with the included footswitch. As I said in the other thread, once I've got to grips with the Stage 800 and gigged it this weekend I'll do a proper review.

• Thanks 1