Why become a member? ×

Blackstar bass amps

Andytre

• 3 weeks later...

I very nearly ordered the Blackstar 500w combo but whilst looking on YouTube for reviews I noticed the new Fender Rumble Stage 800 which seems to offer more or less everything the Unity does but with the same modelling software as the Mustang GT guitar amps, more power, less weight and far less money if you also order the 250w powered extension cab!

33 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

The Mustang has been universally panned as a platform for guitar. Not Sure modified flawed platform is a good start for a design.

It's all subjective isn't it? I've read good and bad reviews of the Mustang amps but generally all the reviews for the Rumble bass series have been good and I've owned two 100s myself. The Stage 800 uses a modified version of the Mustang/Fender Tone software for bass so there are hundreds of pre-set amp models, tones and effects and you can save your own. Add that into a lightweight combo with wifi, Bluetooth, a footswitch and 800w available - all for £728 in my case.

Whether it will be a better choice than the Blackstar Unity 500 or something like the Gallien-Krueger MB212 only time will tell!

Edited by rushscored4