Why become a member? ×

SOLD -1966 Fender Jazz Dots & Binding- SOLD
£6250

pmjos

This is my all original 1966 Fender Jazz bass.

Purchased from the US a few years ago, I have decided to mover her on. She is all original and as far as I can tell down to the last screw.

The finish is clean and bright and the bass has that big bold 66 funky tone. She has a slight buzz on the 15th fret on the G which I could sort out with a bit of fret work but never felt the need as I use her as a funk bass.

She has a few nicks in the body but nothing major - I have posted pictures to show but she is very clean all over.

This bass was an under the bed find and the case smells a little of that but It's not nasty and I don't want to put anything in the case that might affect the finish over time.

I'm open to sensible offers and will ship overseas - bear in mind this has a rosewood fret board and does not have a CITIES certificate.

Picture2.jpg

Picture1.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Picture7.jpg

Picture8.jpg

Picture9.jpg

Picture17.jpg

Picture15.jpg

Picture16.jpg

Picture19.jpg

Picture13.jpg

Picture5.jpg

Edited by pmjos
clarity
  • Thanks 1

Lollipops, dots and binding type bump for this rare and lovely instrument........

This is a transition year for Fender, especially the Jazz Bass. CBS had taken over the company a year before and was already implementing some big design changes. The Jazz now had a bound neck and soon after would have the faux pearl block inlays too. What makes this year special is the Jazz Bass changes and the fact that the quality control was still high with Leo Fender remaining as a consultant and many of the original builders still on staff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...