Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Unique bitsa "Hamstone"
£100

alyctes

This is an unique bitsa originally built by BCer hamfist.

It's a nice bass in its own right, but it's also an excellent pickup-tester, having been routed for various pickups and with an extra P-J scratchplate.

The components are:

- Westone body, hand-painted green, extensively routed under the scratchplate.

- No-name humbucker; I don't know where it came from.
- Many controls and switches.  At present it's passive and only two of them do anything.  It's routed and wired for a battery, but the current setup is passive.

- J+D jazz-type neck, maple board, blocks and bound.
- Custom scratchplate; it also comes with another, cut for P-J pickup arrangement.

I've been calling it a Hamstone.

Mostly I'm playing fretless these days, and it's not getting the love it deserves.

£100, plus carriage at cost; it will come in a cheap+nasty gigbag, adequate to ensure it doesn't get scratched in transit.  (I can pack basses properly, as a look at my feedback will tell you.)  But I'd rather meet/deliver, if possible.

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

Edited by alyctes

That is strangely awesome, and if I had time/space/use for another project I'd be tempted...

I'm seeing it with the headstock cut to a Tele shape, the (s)lime green paint gone & an oiled finish, and a P pickup in addition to the MM, wired with a bunch of passive switching options.

Only problem is I'm aiming for a no-new-basses 2018, so it's not gonna happen! GLWTS!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, alyctes said:

Yeah, the colour isn't for everybody :D

Thanks for your good wishes, and good luck with your resolution :)  :snickers:

xD We'll see. It's going well, so far.

I have just bought a guitar, though. That doesn't count. :ph34r:

I am strangely attracted to that... even the colour isn't helping me not like it. if it wasn't for the taxman and his looming deadline I'd be very tempted!

Out of interest, how does it balance on a strap? Just asking because there is a fair amount of wood missing from the body.

I like the name too! Hamstone somehow suits it :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, b7l4s said:

I am strangely attracted to that... even the colour isn't helping me not like it. if it wasn't for the taxman and his looming deadline I'd be very tempted!

Out of interest, how does it balance on a strap? Just asking because there is a fair amount of wood missing from the body.

I like the name too! Hamstone somehow suits it :D

It does dive a little, but nothing dramatic and nothing my right hand doesn't deal with just from being in playing position.  I don't have any trouble with it.

I was pleased when I came up with the name :)

Looks a nice finish, considering it's hand painted....
I must say, I quite like the colour - it looks not unlike the surf green that J&D Jazzes are available in
Also, I do like the look of those J&D Block & Bound Jazz style necks. 

It looks curious, to see a Fender style neck, coupled with a Westone body shape....... Curious, and not unattractive in a strange way.....
Looks to be a bloomin' bargain at a hundred quid! Anyhow, Alcytes is a top BC'er to deal with - so buy in confidence folks

Hmmm, now I'm wishing Alcytes lived closer to me, so I could pop in and give this curious bass a whirl :)
GLWTS matey

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...