Why become a member? ×

My first band's 40 year reunion.

Bassman Sam

Back in the early '70's, I played in my first band. We had a set list of 28 songs, 18 of which were Wishbone Ash numbers. It would be fair to say that we were a Wishbone tribute band. Anyhow, we split up around 1978 and having not seen some of the guys for 40 years, we're having a reunion jam in Glasgow  on 3rd February.

Last night, I contacted Tim Brown, the drummer with Martin Turner plays the music of Wishbone Ash, ( A legal complication with the name) to find out what strings he uses on his Thunderbird. Tim was kind enough to get back to me this morning with the info I required.

I just want to give Tim a big up for being a thoroughly nice chap and a great drummer. 

• Like 2

Tim is a very nice chap and an excellent drummer (definitely rates as a musician unlike some!). My guitarist Danny Willson plays in Martin's band too. If it helps you to get the sound, Martin told me he only ever uses the bridge pickup and always with a pick :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Norris said:

Tim is a very nice chap and an excellent drummer (definitely rates as a musician unlike some!). My guitarist Danny Willson plays in Martin's band too. If it helps you to get the sound, Martin told me he only ever uses the bridge pickup and always with a pick :)

Which band are you in Norris. Tim seams to b e in a few.

1 hour ago, Bassman Sam said:

Which band are you in Norris. Tim seams to b e in a few.

I'm in the Cheeze with Danny. Tim is in the Backbeat Drivers with Danny (as well as MT's band). Tim occasionally stands in for our drummer e.g. this coming Sunday and one night a couple of weeks ago 

• Like 1