Why become a member? ×

Deleting Posts

discreet

Question

19 answers to this question

5 hours ago, fleabag said:

Something else i noticed may be related. Been PM-ing  today with a BC member and the ability to edit posts in PM's disappeared

Yes, that is REALLY annoying. Please site bods, we need to be able to edit and/or delete our posts in regular threads, PMs and Status Updates!! PLEASE!! :)

18 minutes ago, discreet said:

There used to be an 'Options' tab where we could delete or hide posts. Can we have this back please?

It's showing in status update posts but not in regular posts.

From what I can see the option to hide your own posts also allows you to hide your own topics (and can disrupt the flow of conversations anyway)

I'm not sure when it was removed so I will ask around

I just searched for how to delete/hide some of my posts (just to tidy up a few bumps on a lengthening for sale thread) and found the topic regarding the Option button. Then I found this thread. Although I'm not a prolific poster, I never noticed the ability to be able to do it before creating a problem. I realise I can now bump without posting, but what about previous indiscretions??

Edited by lowregisterhead

5 minutes ago, ped said:

It’s gone now :)

So it seems :)

But ..how can an option that was there, not be brought back ?   If the changeover altered a few things at the time then great, what can anyone do.

But the PM editing option was there post changeover, so fail to see why its not feasible to get it back, but i guess the software guru can say why.

9 minutes ago, fleabag said:

So it seems :)

But ..how can an option that was there, not be brought back ?   If the changeover altered a few things at the time then great, what can anyone do.

But the PM editing option was there post changeover, so fail to see why its not feasible to get it back, but i guess the software guru can say why.

Exactly what I was thinking, I also started a thread about the missing edit in PMs but _ _ _