Why become a member? ×

THIS IS GOING TO CAUSE MUCH HYSTERIA..

12stringbassist

2 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

They finally got round to it then. :D

I wonder if it will be a 'proper' fiver and not just 5 strings squeezed onto a 4 string body.

Judging on how the five strings have been squeezed onto a 4 string headstock I doubt it.

It wouldn't have taken much imagination to come up with a five-string specific headstock shape to make it look balanced whilst retaining the essence of 'rickness'

28 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

It wouldn't have taken much imagination to come up with a five-string specific headstock shape to make it look balanced whilst retaining the essence of 'rickness'

Surely the make-do, cobbled-together look IS the essence of 'Rickness'? Rrrowl! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

They finally got round to it then. :D

They already made a 5 string. tried one out in birmingham in 1995 when I ended up getting an alembic instead.  very narrow string spacing. That's about all I remember about it.  possibly sound control.  i remember it being pretty close to the Bass centre - through the railway arches. 

41 minutes ago, jacko said:

They already made a 5 string. tried one out in birmingham in 1995 when I ended up getting an alembic instead.  very narrow string spacing. That's about all I remember about it.  possibly sound control.  i remember it being pretty close to the Bass centre - through the railway arches. 

I know, hence my subtle dig at the string spacing 😉

Want to get excited. Then I realised that I don’t currently play 5’s, and I had a ric which I sold because I wasn’t using it.

love how they look - like your dream partner, post lobotomy...great to look at but ultimately not much use other than to look at.

(in my opinion/for my taste - I know they have their fans)

I would probably like the spacing, I would probably like the bass. Its probably cheaper for me to go and ask Mr Shuker to go and make me one of those uberhorns in the best wood going with jewels built into the controls, and still have a few quid for a nandos.

I know which one sounds more appealing at the moment, I haven't had chicken in ages...