Why become a member? ×

Money Downy on a Chowny

Frank Blank

15 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Well the boat bringing my Chowny SWB Pro docked in the very early hours of this morning and left for Rotterdam in the last hour so I am assuming my bass will soon be on its way to Steven and then to me. I took delivery of the Gator GC-ELEC-XL case this morning, odd how frustratingly light it feels!

VAT and Import Duty paid. Waiting for customs clearance. Preliminary delivery date to my office is Monday.

"Setups and Sending Out" follow that.

• Like 1

I totally agree! 

Gibson has bought a lot of great companies and destroyed them. Tobias, Steinberger, Trace Elliot, to name a few. And as you say, spent a lot of money challenging other smaller companies. It's sad in some ways, but in other ways I guess it was unavoidable. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2018 at 08:24, Chownybass said:

Perhaps if they spent less money on unfounded legal challenges to small guitar companies they'd have some cash in the bank. ;-) *ahem* *ahem* 

This comment was intended for a completely different post elsewhere. The one on Gibson. In a bit of a senior moment I seem to have pasted it here. :D What a D*ckhead I am.

Edited by Chownybass
  • Haha 1

Anyway.

Chown SWB Pro, Retrovibe EVO Davie504 & Retrovibe Volante basses being delivered to us on Tuesday.

We have some stock going out to Bass Direct, Gear4Music, Andertons and one to PMT. Nearly everybody waiting for an SWB Pro will be getting theirs shortly.

If you just HAD to have one and didn't want to wait, snap one up from one of the above retailers.

Edited by Chownybass
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Where are you dude, you are more than welcome to have a try on mine.

I'm in Northamptonshire, there's a PMT in Northampton so I wondered if they were possibly going to be getting one in.

Thanks for the offer to try yours, I really appreciate it. I'm a couple of hours away from Southend but if I'm in the area before getting opportunity to try one I'll drop you a line :)

6 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Anytime. I have relatives in Northampton and I get my guitars set up by a chap in Warwick, about 50 mins from you.

If you're in the area and have the time, please give me a shout. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

@Frank Blank Any sign of your SWB Pro yet? I'm keen to hear your thought on it as and when it arrives. 

Having not played a short scale for decades I borrowed an Ibanez Talman short scale from a friend and gigged it at the weekend. OK, so it's an inexpensive bass, but it's well made and plays great, just so much less of an effort compared to 34" scale that I'm used to. So I now have a serious itch for something a little more luxurious (don't get me wrong, the Talman is still a great fun bass to play) and the SWB is the top of my list. 

I'm now officially a fan of short scales B|

2 hours ago, Chownybass said:

It's being dispatched out to the shop tomorrow. I just need to give them a quick call first.

That’s great news! Thanks for the update, gives me an opportunity to remind you (just in case, I’m sure you remembered) about the black truss rod cover. It might be a two bass week here!

20 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

That’s great news! Thanks for the update, gives me an opportunity to remind you (just in case, I’m sure you remembered) about the black truss rod cover. It might be a two bass week here!

The truss rod cover will come from gig.ink and will arrange to send it to you seperately.

- S