Why become a member? ×

New Rig - TE/EICH

Machines

Until recently I had a TC Electronics BG250 which was - OK. Reasonably light but didn't really blow my socks off for sound quality/

Joining a band recently made me decide to get a decent and modern rig, that was compact and easily portable (I had an Ashdown ABM before, say no more). I found a Trace Elliot Elf on Gumtree, boxed and unused for a great price. Then I needed to find an appropriate cab. I decided 2nd hand was the way to go, BassDirect having a Markbass NY121 (8Ω) and EICH XS112 (4Ω).

I went to Warwick Saturday morning with my Elf in the glove box (didn't you know it was that small ?). And A/B'd the 2 cabs with a nice Sandberg that had just come in. The difference was quite significant. The EICH just had more, and was also using full power from the head meaning 200w not 120w. 

I took the EICH home and used it at rehearsal yesterday with the Bongo. I barely made it past 2 on the volume and it was plenty. EQ flat - just perfect clarity and bottom end.

As an extra bonus - the Elf fits into the port at the back, and when I put the cab cover on it holds it in place for transport. 

image.thumb.png.ec9c50d30af1fdfcf0480554050a42be.png

image.thumb.png.94794a4121b357931109933470288d45.png

• Like 1

On 22/01/2018 at 17:26, Machines said:

20180122_172625.thumb.jpg.ee4a61cdb39f42b02701611a3f5c469c.jpg

It's a shame you can't do that with a BF Midget, could make for an interesting conversation before a session, 

"What have you got?"

"I've got an Elf in a Midget in the car!!" 

"Err.....ok???!!"

Edited by barneyg42
  • Like 1