Why become a member? ×

I Am The Leader of Revisionists (I Am)

Frank Blank

8 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

How is he going to spend £1m in jail ? :dash1:

What's your point? That he should have is money taken away because he's not a nice person and is in jail?

He'll be out in about 8 years so unless he is to be funded by the UK tax payer, which I'd rather he wasn't, I'd vote to let him keep all the cash he gets. 

14 hours ago, chris_b said:

What's your point? That he should have is money taken away because he's not a nice person and is in jail?

He'll be out in about 8 years so unless he is to be funded by the UK tax payer, which I'd rather he wasn't, I'd vote to let him keep all the cash he gets. 

You are interpreting what I wrote and this is as dangerous as what GG has done...

But as you didn't ask, here is some answering start : Would you react the same way if the abused person was a member of your own family or friends circle ?

I've made my opinion about the subject when I was a child : true justice must be applied, nothing else, and that implies jail and money compensation for the victims in our world where you can buy impunity or bad behaviour which is awful, of course. :|

Edited by Hellzero

It's a toughie...I always enjoyed Michael Jackson's stuff (the big 3 albums anyway, Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad) not to mention playing it. PYT is one of his best tracks IMO, but when I hear it these days, it's soured. It's pretty overt, just the title alone. So much so that I probably wouldn't actively put it on to listen to myself. It's not a contrived reaction or anything, more of a natural repugnance that has developed unconsciously. To his music I mean, not to what he almost definitely got up to, cos it goes without saying that that's just above-ground repulsion. But I wouldn't castigate anyone for listening to him, I don't see it as a reflection on them in the slightest.

• Like 1

there's loads of pop/rock stars that have behaved badly towards young girls (and Boys), most got away with it GG didn't, if we didn't listen to their records it would be a long list of what we can't listen too, I can listen to his records and enjoy them (fortunately I never got into the Lost Prophets that could be tricky), in fact two of the most memorable gigs I went to were the Glitter Band (different versions) and they went down a storm when they did GG songs, people loved it, probably because you don't hear them anymore and it was a little bit naughty

7 minutes ago, roceci said:

A couple of people have mentioned Lost Prophets being beyond the pale...genuinely wonder what the difference is. Without going into case details too much of course.

imo, there's a world of difference between babies a pubescent girls (not saying in any way that's ok btw)

Edited by PaulWarning

49 minutes ago, chris_b said:
3 hours ago, Hellzero said:

You are interpreting what I wrote and this is as dangerous as what GG has done...

But as you didn't ask. . . . 

. . . . . err. . I did. You even quoted my questions, both of them

Taking words out of context or erasing part s of a sentence is called manipulation.

I quoted you so there could be no mismatching with my answer.

But as a manipulator would do, you still don't answer the main question I asked you and still interpret what I wrote.

There's a whole lot of musicians that have been implicated with underage, and other 'issues', loads over the net. 

There is definite revisionism - most of the 'cooler' names seem to escape unscathed. 

Does it affect the music? I can still enjoy The Who, for example....and people still pay to see old Bill Wyman......!

59 minutes ago, spongebob said:

There's a whole lot of musicians that have been implicated with underage, and other 'issues', loads over the net. 

There is definite revisionism - most of the 'cooler' names seem to escape unscathed. 

Does it affect the music? I can still enjoy The Who, for example....and people still pay to see old Bill Wyman......!

Chuck Berry springs to mind, but I'll bet there's still plenty of bands playing 'Johnny B. Goode'. I'd certainly agree that we tend to be selective in who we seek to eviscerate.

While I'm here, somebody spoke to the historical dimension earlier in the thread; and yes, it's a bit too easy to assume that the way we do things now is the only (or even the best) way to do it. It's not that many generations ago that the age of consent in the UK was 12.

Edited by leftybassman392

6 minutes ago, leftybassman392 said:

Chuck Berry springs to mind, but I'll bet there's still plenty of bands playing 'Johnny B. Goode'

yeah he was right old perv, didn't he have to pay out a load of compo (bribe) to victims of his camera in the ladies ruse? still love his music though