Why become a member? ×

German built Rockbass Warwick £200 BIN!

dyerseve

Just now, dyerseve said:

Oh right sorry if that's the case. Thought the original German built Rockbasses  ones had the one piece bridge and the laterChinese had the 2 piece bridge

The German made ones had a 1 piece bridge too, only came in a streamer shape (slab cut rather than curved) and had the wedge/ovankol neck and 1 or 2 MEC humbuckers and 4 or 5 string. Don’t think they ever referred to them as “rockbass” just ‘streamer standard’.

the second run of rockbass had the 2 piece bridge and didn’t have ‘rockbass’ up the headstock.

the German made ones are worth a look though for sure.

Every day is a school day!

To be fair though I dont think Warwick would have put their name to the Chinese made one's if they were bad so 200 I would have thought would be a reasonable price?

Be interested to hear if that's not the case though...

3 minutes ago, dyerseve said:

Every day is a school day!

To be fair though I dont think Warwick would have put their name to the Chinese made one's if they were bad so 200 I would have thought would be a reasonable price?

Be interested to hear if that's not the case though...

I have only ever had one truss rod snap on me...it was a “rockbass” and they were alright, but not amazing. £200 is probably fair, but I’d rather pay £100 😂

I've had a couple of Rock Basses and they probably weren't for me.

The last one did have a fantastic bottom-B note though; I got it like this:

5mmiv8.jpg

And sold it like this:

b87moh.jpg

The one on ebay is waiting for an opening bid of £100, but then I'd have to add £14.70 postage to it, which would be probably the max I'd pay.