Why become a member? ×

Any good shops in Barcelona?

project_c

19 hours ago, charlie_groove said:

Hello, I live in Barcelona and there is only one bass focused shop. It is Tanne Bass Corner http://tannebasscorner.com. They have some second hand stuff too. 

Cheers,

CM

I've just been told a load of horror stories about the state of crime and the pick pockets in Barcelona. Is it really that bad? I've been there 3 times in the past, and nothing bad ever happened, but that was over 10 years ago. Has it got much worse in recent years? Any areas I should avoid? 

We avoided places like Las Ramblas when we were there last year, and I hear it is bad around there. We went there a few years back, and you certainly had to keep your wits about you. As in many large cities, there's plenty of people on the streets trying to sell you tat.

We were there around Easter, so not really a real Tourist-y time of year, and we only did a bit of a whistle stop tour of certain bits (mainly the tourist bus routes). We were with the kids, so weren't really going to many of the "big" tourist areas.

Edited by Skybone

11 hours ago, project_c said:

I've just been told a load of horror stories about the state of crime and the pick pockets in Barcelona. Is it really that bad? I've been there 3 times in the past, and nothing bad ever happened, but that was over 10 years ago. Has it got much worse in recent years? Any areas I should avoid? 

It's not that bad around here. It's as bad as London, Paris or New York. If you are reasonably careful nothing should happen to you. Barcelona is a nice place to be, don't let them fool you. Right now there is a campaign to discredit Barcelona because of political matters, but let me tell you, this is a quiet place to visit and enjoy. And I've been living here for 11 years, I'm not even catalonian, I'm from the Canary Islands so I don't have any special interest on you coming here, but there are so many lies running about Catalonia and specially Barcelona these days. stinky poo happens everywhere sometime, but don't miss the chance to know this beautiful city. 

• Like 1

I went to Barcelona a week after the terrorist incident.  Apart from people taking selfies at the scene, which I found abhorrent, I found Barcelona a wonderful city with friendly people and some lovely places to explore.  I went running before 6am most mornings and had no issues, although I'm a fairly big bloke covered in tattoos which may have kept any troublemakers at bay.  

It's like any other city - keep your wits about you, don't leave valuables on show etc. and you will be fine.  I also discovered the joys of crepes with nutella and coconut ice cream as a true breakfast of champions.

Enjoy.

• Like 1