Why become a member? ×

Fender Classic 50s Precision *now sold*
£750

FinnDave

Bass sold (well, part exchanged for an Alembic!).

Well, another bass is going to have to go as part of my new year rationalisation and attempt to reduce my debts! 

Fender Classic 50 Precision, bought new three months ago, used for one rehearsal and one gig, since when it has been sat indoors, unplayed . Absolutely unmarked, complete with original gig bag. This is exactly the same as  the road worn Precision, but with standard paint instead of cellulose, and obviously no wear. Other than that it is identical. Sorry as I will be to see this one go, something has to and this hasn't been with me long. To be honest. it's a great bass, but I find myself taking out my familiar Standard Precisions when I'm going gigging.

This bass weighs 4,080 grams ready to play, according to both our new kitchen scales and my old fishing scales.

I would prefer to have this collected from me between Oxford and Swindon (where you can play it through an amplifier before buying) or meeting up at a mutually convenient  point somewhere. I do have a Fender box that these are delivered in, if any buyer is prepared to allow a courier near it! Amp, cab, and door in the picture are no included!

Any questions, etc, please ask.

5a63465737f7e_classic50.thumb.jpg.b387533fe529f408e306dce92b1fc0e4.jpg

Edited by FinnDave
update

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be in Leicester tomorrow, so if anyone in the midlands is interested in this, it will be possible to meet/collect between Leicester and Oxford. This Sunday, 25th February only. I'll be leaving home at about 08.30 tomorrow, so I'll need to know tonight if you want it.

Edited by FinnDave
expired

After a rather inspiring rehearsal with a band I recently joined, it seems I need a decent Jazz bass, so I'm interested in trades for this Precision.  Ideally want a US Standard, 2012 or later, rosewood fingerboard, preferably sunburst. Not bloody fussy, am I! Cash adjustment as appropriate.

Back to sales only, as I have just bought a Jazz bass, so the need is filled!

Edited by FinnDave

1 hour ago, wenbainhouse33 said:

Got your message Dave and glad you found the jazzy you were after. Glwts

Cheers, that Jazz just kind of fell into my hands. I walked into my nearest music shop and it literally had my name on it! They knew I was after one, played it and bought it straight away. One of the new Mexican standards with pau ferro fingerboard, like rosewood but lighter colour & not on the CITES ban list! US are better, but not 2-3 times better, which is what they cost now.

Clearing out all my basses except a pair of Precisions and a pair of Jazzes.

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Is that scratchplate some kind of mirrored finish?

Not my bass, but I have one of those... the pickguards on the Classic 50s are metallic with an 'anodised golden' finish. Not mirrored 'though.

Yep, spot on, it is an anodised aluminium scratchplate. To be honest, when I was thinking of buying one of these, that was the one thing that was putting me off. Then I saw one 'in the flesh' rather than just a picture, and it became a very good reason to buy one! It is far more attractive in real life than in any photographs I've seen.

And you're sure the door isn't included? Trade maybe? I have a rather nice interior 1970s laminated wood effect with faux brass handle. VGC for its age. Thinking straight swap with maybe some cash my way..

door.jpg.474109bd243eb77455fdf93f040b59da.jpg

Well, the age and origins of the handle would need to verified, otherwise there's no deal. 

And then there's the matter of hinging, the door would need to be compatible with our existing collection. 

17 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Sorry to mess you about but now I think about I don't really want to part with it. But damn that blue panel job is lovely.

Could probably do you a deal on the remains of the blue paint...