Why become a member? ×

A Great groove.

bubinga5

Im aware I've prob posted this before. But I think its worth a repost.  I will skip names as many know them, especially Micheal. Outstanding for me is Jonathan Maron on that white Yamaha... He blows me away with incredible solo's and technical ability, on many a Groove Collective album and with Meshell, but can play simple groove of course.  Just like this. 

Louis Cato's drumming is just soooooo great also. 

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluewine said:

Very nice, hard to find guys that have this kind of understanding and ability.

If I showed this clip to my band members they wouldn't get it. :(

Blue

I'm kinda with your band mates here - it's nearly six minutes long and it just doesn't go anywhere! Completely forgettable piece of music... 

2 hours ago, peteb said:

I'm kinda with your band mates here - it's nearly six minutes long and it just doesn't go anywhere! Completely forgettable piece of music... 

Brilliant musicianship, but I have to agree, it does nothing for me.. I certainly wouldn't want to listen to it again

18 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Man...

if that piece of music doesn’t appear to be going anywhere it’s because it’s already arrived. Is there anything better than just being in a groove? I say just like it isn’t a holy thing, an everything...

Man...

That, right there, is it.

Agreed, and understand, it a groove not a song.

Blue

On 1/21/2018 at 10:12, peteb said:

Pete, when I say musicians wouldn't get it, the reason is a lot of guys are not ' feel" musicians. 

For example if I was playing with the guys I got my skills with back in the 60s and I laid down a bass groove in E, they would all come in with their own grooves complimenting mine.

If your a groove/feel player, you know that doesn't happen with everyone you play with.

BTW, across the whole spectrum of playing there's a lot more I don't get than I get.

Blue

Edited by Bluewine