Why become a member? ×

Where do you store your bass gear?

ianrendall

Where do you store your bass stuff?

Do you have a separate wing in your mansion? A temperature controlled outbuilding? A spare room converted to a music room with your babies lined up on display on the wall or in stands with a wall of amps and cabs?

Me? My wife has graciously allowed me literally a gig bag sized space in a cupboard by the chihuahua’s bed with a space on half a blanket box which is just the right size for a Barefaced Midget with my Promethean head on top of that in its little bag. My music stand and guitar stand hidden under the bed.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ianrendall said:

I live in a bungaloid :(

Doesn't matter. Whatever space you're allocated, it's always a bit too small. The overspill from under the stairs resides in the living room, conservatory and spare bedroom. And the car boot. And a mates house & garage....

• Like 1

I built a 3 room extension to our house many years ago. Dining room with vaulted ceiling for her, combined utility and dog room for dog & washing machine, studio for me.

The only thing NOT music related in the studio is a bloody great double wide filing cabinet which wont fit anywhere else (according to SWMBO) but I can live with that.  Oh and all music stands, mic stands, PA stands, etc., in the concrete shed safely snuggeds up in a large zipped keyboard nylon case.

I live in a small 3 bedroom cottage; a bass & practice amp is in the living room (with strict instructions to the kids that if they want to reach adulthood, they don't knock it over), my bedroom has the basses lined up against the wall in cases and the amps are by the back door. The issue is I can't let the collection get much bigger as space is at a premium in this house. My wife is really cool about it all. The only compromise we've ever had is the bass in the living room gets moved to the other side of the room when the Christmas Tree goes up. 

My basses and home practice rig live in the spare room that I euphemistically call my 'office' where I also have all the office-a-bilia, pc, A0 drawing table, reference books etc.  Everything else lives in a cupboard we had built under the stairs with spare cabs and head sitting on a wheeled dolly thing that slides into the depths easily.  This is all going to change soon, though.  We are thinking of having the closed stairs replaced with an open stair case which will look cool as flip (testing the profanity filter out) in our mid C20th styled home but leave all this clobber homeless.  

Edited by Paul S