Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Silver Gotoh 4 String Bridge
£20

3 hours ago, bass-a-licious said:

I believe this is not the 303BO, but the 404SJ based on the thickness of the side edges.

I did think that at first too but decided against it due to the placement of the saddle screws. The thickness of the edges does look like it's from the 404SJ though, you're right.

26 minutes ago, rorysmith said:

I did think that at first too but decided against it due to the placement of the saddle screws. The thickness of the edges does look like it's from the 404SJ though, you're right.

Looking at the shape of the saddles I must agree with you that the bridge looks like 303. Confusing.

12 minutes ago, bass-a-licious said:

Looking at the shape of the saddles I must agree with you that the bridge looks like 303. Confusing.

Maybe someone wasn't paying attention at the factory... I guess that makes this particular Gotoh bridge incredibly rare then!

From gotih’s site

With the ability to choose the combination of base plate and saddle freely, the 303/404/ J510 bass bridge series meets the exacting needs of bass players and custom builders. The base plate of the 303 model employs a special duralumin alloy for the plate, which we call “RES-O-LITE”.
Thanks to the acoustic features peculiar to RES-O-LITE, string oscillations can be quickly transmitted to the body. The base plate of 404/J510 model using hard zinc with reputed for its tonal quality, produces a more sonorous tone. Combine with a choice of either a steel (SJ), or brass (BO) saddle for each series and you can build an original bridge with a unique sound.