Why become a member? ×

PARKING...BEWARE OF THE HOLIDAY INN.

MB1

MB1.

Just a note....

After driving to Taunton for a amp deal and parking up at The Holiday Inn Deangate Avenue Taunton TA1 2UA for all of 15 minutes....

i now have a Parking Charge Notice  for  £60 which has taken them nearly 2weeks to issue?

These Areas are Obviously really well signposted ?(no they're not!) so  that you can't park there....(should have gone to spec savers eh?)

ANYWAY

THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL YOU UNSUSPECTING BASS PLAYING MOTORISTS

THE HOLIDAY INN WILL NOT BE WELCOMING YOU INTO THERE CLEARLY SIGNPOSTED PARKING AREAS WITHOUT A CONSIDERABLE ADDITIONAL CHARGE!

BE WARNED!

I had something similar doing the exact same thing in Stratford - quick bit of research identified the UK hotel MD - I wrote and said that I'd been dropping off some equipment to a colleague which took slightly longer than their free period and was he/she aware that his hotel car parks were being policed so draconially?

It's the parking co's they outsource it too - I got lots of follow up after the above and it was dropped straight away.

Chuck it in the bin , the muppets they can't enforce it ,my mate had a similar incident, just so happens one of  his mates is a lawyer and told him to appeal and they just gave up as it was in the dark and a tiny sign in the corner which you could hardly see in daylight never mind in the dark , they do  try it on . Just a thought good luck and do keep us upto date 😕

49 minutes ago, jazzmanb said:

Watched a one of those" Sheriffs are coming" recently and they were chasing a private parking charge that the bloke ignored and it was a fortune due to rolling charges so this "they can't do anything" advice needs to be taken carefully.

MB1.

Yes I've seen a similar programme due to the fact this does look like an official document and I live nowhere near Taunton I have settled it at £60 apparently leaving it 28 days would be £100?

If I had in fact noticed any signs I would not have been anywhere near there parking area.

The 15 minutes we were there we never actually left the vehicles unattended (child present in other vehicle) during the transfer or quick chat ...no one appeared to tell us  we were at fault.

In the words of John Lydon

"Ever feel like you've been cheated?"

What everyone else said. Some jokers that go by the name of MET PARKING, tried the same magic trick on me when i overstayed in a Maccy D car park many years ago. I googled their name and they were a bunch of Pirates.  They even put police style checker borders on their correspendence to frighten the unwary

I filed the letters under RB. They stopped coming after a few months.

Ignore them all. Dont even bother to make contact. As noted - its unenforceable

Edited by fleabag

6 minutes ago, fleabag said:

What everyone else said. Some jokers that go by the name of MET PARKING, tried the same magic trick on me when i overstayed in a Maccy D car park many years ago. I googled their name and they were a bunch of Pirates.  They even put police style checker borders on their correspendence to frighten the unwary

I filed the letters under RB. They stopped coming after a few months.

Ignore them all. Dont even bother to make contact. As noted - its unenforceable

MB1.

Undortunately a bit late in my case but Tommy K and myself will be taking this up with the Holiday Inn Taunton.

work colleague got one at Scotch Corner Hotel car park and he was staying there that night. He wasn't aware there was a parking issue so never bothered mentioning it when he checked in or out. They then sent him a parking ticket few weeks later. Pretty sure he got of with it but had to contact the hotel for proof he was actually staying there.