Why become a member? ×

lojo

50 minutes ago, burno70 said:

If I ever get a precision it would be one of these! Lovely!

Do it , this bass is quality and looks lovely 

I just need to decide to get used to the heavy strings and keep it that way or set it up with my usual choice of medium flats 

Lovely basses.  SH was my hero when i started playing around 1988.  Went to see Maiden at the NEC in November of that year and played the Live After Death video to death in the mean time.

Bought one of these a couple of years ago and it had amazing sustain.  I’m sure I’ll have another at some point 😉

On 19/01/2018 at 17:20, lojo said:

just need to decide to get used to the heavy strings and keep it that way or set it up with my usual choice of medium flats 

I LOVE those Steve Harris strings! Does it have his sig pickup in there too? I have the sig pup and (did have, will have again!!) The sig strings on my Japanese P. It's the ultimate gigging bass. The sound is just so big and clear!

Thanks Lefty , I'm unlikely to do many more gigs before I have to retire from playing (hopefully I'll get to the end of the summer at least) but I'll persevere with these strings and look to use it at a gig on march

I wanted to take it to my 80s gig on Saturday just gone but went with my stingray as I'm used to the 45-100 strings which I'm relaxed on 

Yep, it's got the first version of the Steve Harris pick ups , I'll get to use it in a rehearsal soon with a rock band so I'm looking forward to hearing it in that situation 

Neck is chunky but I've got a 70s spec precision which is similar so I knew what to expect , I've never really struggled with swapping from chunky to thinner necks they all seem playable to me. Strings and scale differences I have to get used to though