Why become a member? ×

FinnDave

I've got some bills to pay, so something has to go, and as I only bought this a couple of weeks ago, I'd rather sell it than one of my old faithfuls.

Nothing much to say about this bass, bought new after Christmas, plays every bit as well as is claimed, condition is as new, no extra wear or paint chips, just as it came. Original gig bag, unopened bag of Fender info, and the box it arrived in.

I'd prefer to sell this to someone who can collect and try it out so they know exactly what they're getting, but willing to meet a buyer within reasonable distance of home (I live between Oxford and Swindon). As a last resort it can be couriered in the original box, but with proper insurance, it won't be cheap.

Please ask if you have any questions or want further information. Sale only, I'm afraid, as I have more than enough basses, etc., but not enough money!

IMG_1171.thumb.jpg.8a0480bb199a213143bbeabf0a07f95d.jpg

IMG_1169.thumb.jpg.5acede122e4481e74a3d6f8bebadd380.jpgIMG_1170.thumb.jpg.d5e599e06722dec516f397162139cf83.jpg

Edited by FinnDave
upadte
  • Like 3

Thanks, Marc, and yes, they feel beautifully worn in straight out of the box. I've also got a Classic 50s P (same bass, modern paint instead of Cellulose, and no wear) and it was difficult to decide which should go. Might sell em both, in the end.

No worries Dave,

I keep telling people how good these basses are. Some players are put off by Roadworn / Reliced instruments. I wasn't particularly a fan of such finishes myself, initially
However, after I played one for the 1st time (my old RW Jazz, which I wish I still had) I was instantly amazed at just how good these are....
They not only look the part, they feel right and sound great - I don't know how Fender do it, I must say - but they really feel like old instruments

I'm not sure what the weight is, but my RW Precision feels really lightweight too - it's so comfortable. I recently got myself a Limelight, the intention being, to possibly get another RW Jazz (which I miss so much) and sell my RW Precision
But I can't bring myself to let it go! lol :)

I just got the Fiesta Red RW version of this. Fantastic bass. It came in just under 8 lbs in weight. My AV58RI is a little lighter at 7.5 lbs, but for some reason the RW feels lighter, less chunky. Certainly, the RW neck whilst as wide as the AVRI, is not so deep, so I find it more comfortable to play. Has made me seriously consider selling the AVRI.