Why become a member? ×

What It Takes To Make It

Bluewine

The age issue is interesting. Overall  chances of *making it" happen for most when they're in their 20s or younger. However once you've made it fans will not hold age against you once your brand is solid.

Paul McCartney and The Stone are on that very short list of artists that can still sell 40,000 seat packages.

Blue

Edited by Bluewine

17 minutes ago, pbasspecial said:

I think if you are unique and supremely talented, normal rules need not apply.  

I'd have to disagree. There are unique and supremely talented artists out there right now that we will never hear or see.

Unless you have all those rules in place it's impossible to make it.

Blue

15 hours ago, chris_b said:

To make it in a band. . . . easy. . . . meet the right people. . . . . just when they are looking for a guy like you.

. . . . if you want to go the working musician route then learn to read, play like a demon with a technique to match. . . then meet the right people, etc

You have to meet the right people and you have to be the right person. A lot of great singer/ song writers don't have the personality or charisma to make it. 

Even at the local bar level I don't have the rigjt charisma or personality.

A while Back I started to realize that punters gravitate toward all of the other members of my band, but not me.

Blue

Edited by Bluewine