Why become a member? ×

New Shizz from Markbass

Raggy

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Thanks for sharing that; lots of innovative new products including a 3x10 combo!

Not strictly new. They have/used to have a 3x10 Combo, (CMD 103p I think), so this is a newer version with the Marcus Miller Amp instead of an Little Mark.

24 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

Not strictly new. They have/used to have a 3x10 Combo, (CMD 103p I think), so this is a newer version with the Marcus Miller Amp instead of an Little Mark.

Yup - fair point, agree with that.

Highlights of the new line up for me are the:

MB STU AMP 1000: which has 'solid state and a tube preamp with separate level controls' and the ability to mix. It's also got a 7-band graphic EQ which should address one of the single biggest criticisms of MB amps that I've heard (as a longstanding MB owner and user) which is that the EQ points are not the best in the game. 1000W at 4Ω / 600W at 8Ω should give all the headroom you're ever likely to need for most gigs.

DV Mark Smart Multiamp - this promises the 'lowest latency possible' and with 'a next generation processor, this machine allows performances never achieved by any product on the market so far'. That's a BIG claim, so I'll be interested to see how much truth there is in it!

Edited by Al Krow

1 hour ago, Sibob said:

I do like the look of that 60w combo too!
And it's far from new, but also still want to get hold of a Nano Mark......don't necessarily need it, but love the idea of an amp that fits in my gig bag :) 

Si

You'll have to be second in the queue for the combo, I'm afraid!  haha!

The Nano Mark is a cracking bit of kit...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beastie said:

Hi. Just wanted to know how reliable they are and sound quality and how user friendly they are

regards

gary

I love mine. If you like Markbass, then you'll like this. It's been a few years since I had a LM3, but it feels like a more powerful version of it. It's about as user friendly as they come. I don't EQ more than a notch either way of 12 o'clock, but the filters are there to quickly get 'old skool' or 'modern'. 

If you're not a Markbass fan though, it's nothing new. 

On 18-1-2018 at 21:08, M@23 said:

Lots of cool stuff! I like the look of the 60w 1x10.

Me too, nice to see a compact, low power 1x10 combo with a tweeter for a change! But I don't really see the purpose of an external speaker out on such a small, low-power amp. I would have preferred the full 60 watts to the internal speaker rather than 45. Also interesting to see a regular 3-band EQ and no VPF / VLE. The larger combo's and all heads have a "Millerizer" EQ filter section though? 

Edited by LeftyJ

On 22/01/2018 at 10:54, beastie said:

Hi. Just wanted to know how reliable they are and sound quality and how user friendly they are..

On 22/01/2018 at 20:41, M@23 said:

I love mine. If you like Markbass, then you'll like this. It's been a few years since I had a LM3, but it feels like a more powerful version of it. It's about as user friendly as they come.

Reliability of Markbass is well up there, and the Ninja is no different!  The Ninja heads have masses more headroom so just feel bigger and more "open" sounding, but the same essential tone character of the Little Mark III.

Regarding usability, many Markbass users leave all tone controls at virtually 12 O'clock and as M@23 said, do all they need with the  filters.  VLE - Vintage Loudspeaker Emulation (or James Jamerson knob as I like to call it!) and VPF - Variable Pre-shape Filter (which is a mid scoop), so yeah, pretty easy to find your tone really!

• Like 2