• Warwick strap locks recently replaced - they’re very secure
  • Weight: approx 6 kg
  • Comes with Warwick hard case
  • Neck: wenge
  • Fretboard: wenge
  • Body: ovangkol
  • Frets: 24 brass
  • Nut: Just-A-Nut II
  • Condition: great. There are a few dings but nothing major. I tried to show them in pictures as much as possible.
  • I would prefer collection only, but we can arrange something if you’re far away. UK only.

£1150! :D

I’ve decided to go through the painful decision of parting ways with my lovely ‘98 6 string Warwick Thumb BO. The only reason why I’m letting this go is to help fund a new Vigier, and I simply can’t justify hanging onto too many basses nowadays. I’ve owned it since 2007 and it’s served me very well in that time. It’s only been gigged a few times, so most playing has been at home - in a smoke free house. It's just had a set up, clean and new set of strings, the frets are now super shiny. I used a few different Music Nomad products on it, it's come up really nicely. 

Tone on this beastie is great, it’s got that classic Warwick sound that I love, with a nice broad range of dynamics. For tappers and such, the action is nice and low making it a nice and easy to play. It’s not too low to cause any buzz, and it still allows you to really dig in when playing finger style - I’m quite an aggressive player so really appreciate being able to really get some good attack on the strings without any farting or buzzing.

There are a couple of dings but nothing major, I’ve tried to highlight them as much as possible in the pictures.

I can give you my strap if you want it, it’s an old leather one. If not, that’s all good!

DSC_4688.jpg

DSC_4689.jpg

DSC_4691.jpg

DSC_4693.jpg

DSC_4694.jpg

DSC_4695.jpg

DSC_4696.jpg

DSC_4697.jpg

DSC_4698.jpg

DSC_4699.jpg

DSC_4700.jpg

DSC_4701.jpg

DSC_4702.jpg

DSC_4703.jpg

DSC_4704.jpg

DSC_4705.jpg

DSC_5037.jpg

DSC_5034.jpg

DSC_5035.jpg

Edited by Snarf
sold!
  • Like 2

I will have this with me at the Guitar Show in Birmingham this weekend, on the High Tech Distribution stand. I'll be giving it a good detailed clean with Music Nomad products so people can see how awesome the stuff is. Please drop by if you're there, you're welcome to have a play on it!

On 1/18/2018 at 22:31, Snarf said:

Thanks! :D I've currently got my mitts on a 4 string Excess, and I'll be taking delivery of a sexy new 5 string Excess next month! Oh don't you worry, I will indeed! 

I have my new Excess 5 coming in next month too, hopefully. The only basses for me now. Love them so much. Looking forward to comparing notes ;) 

PS Lovely Warwick. I had a couple and they are great basses. GLWTS.

Edited by mattbass6

Nicely done! Fingers crossed it's ready soon for you, it's definitely worth the wait :D Let me know when you have it!

Thanks, the ole 6 string is a lovely beast. I really would love to hang on to it, but needs must!

Edited by Snarf
Forgot to add something

24 minutes ago, Snarf said:

Nicely done! Fingers crossed it's ready soon for you, it's definitely worth the wait :D Let me know when you have it!

Thanks, the ole 6 string is a lovely beast. I really would love to hang on to it, but needs must!

Will do. I've had my number 1 for 3 years now and it has surpassed all expectations. Looking forward to the new one arriving. Did you post pics of yours somewhere? So good to meet another Excess player ;) 

Hi,

I'm very tempted, won't be in a position to commit until March payday though, if you sell before then that's fine. 

I'm in the Isle of Man so I'd need to do a road trip either way.

would you have any trips North planned for end of March?

cheers

Alan

• 1 month later...