Why become a member? ×

Ibanez ar220

mike 110

I've not seen any of these "in the flesh", but have been seriously considering either the 420 or 620.

I've owned a couple of late 70's 2619's in the past (same specs), which were real LP Killers, fantastic guitars, and with the addition of the Tri-Sound switches, they add some really useful, and easily accessible sounds. The 2619's pre-dated the "AR" range (even though they were "Artist"), and the specs are slightly different, the "AR"s tend to have thicker bodies, more like those of the LP / Yamaha SG, where the 26** series had thinner bodies.

Some of the previous reissues of their 70's/80's range guitars have been superb, so I wouldn't expect anything less from these.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like the White AR220s. I think I saw one in Colchester. I had a Sunburst Artist when I was in my 20s but I swapped it for a stinky poo acoustic (what was I thinking?). Regretted it ever since but there you are. I am not using electric guitars much at the moment and have an Epiphone 335 for the things I need one for but these white AR220s are pretty.