Why become a member? ×

Status Electro 4 lined fretless
£1399

sturgeona

Hi all .I am selling my as new Status Electro 4 bass. I had it made about 5 years ago and literally, for a variety of personal reasons did not play it. It hung on a wall. Its been played for an hour or so in total, which is a real shame, but there we go.

So, its got a carbon fibre lined fretless neck with a drop D tuner on the back of the headstock. This thing stays in tune for months. It has a custom Walnut book matched facing woods, looks incredible. Its hollowed out so of course looks like a status but with a lovely acoustic tome. If you like that kind of thing of course. It has a soapbar and a piezo pickup. The sound is just lovely whether on either or both of the pickups. It is in totally mint condition and comes in a red velvet lined status (Hiscox) hard case. It was custom made for me and cost about 3k.  If you want more pics, just let me know.

I am a Brit living in the Netherlands so if you are from the UK and want this bass I will bring it over with me on one of my many trips back. if you are from mainland Europe then we can sort it out easily enough.

Cheers

electro backside .JPG

Electro bottom to top 2 .JPG

Electro in case  2.JPG

Electro in case .JPG

Electro in case .JPG

Hi there. The pickups are fed through a volume control for each pickup and then on to a two-band EQ.
An EQ by-pass switch is also fitted so you can select the "flat" sound of the bass. according the Status....from what I recall the soap bar gives it a normal warm sound with a bit of acoustic feel but when the piezo is on its in another world, combining a sparkly, crisp somewhat metallic tone when used without the soap bar and with it there is an amazing bend of tones. Its fitted with roundwound strings at the moment.

Ill see what I can do re sound clips but I seem to recall there were some kicking around a while ago. I may be able to upload them but I'm a bit of a luddite. I have a Rob Allen Mouse that is similar although shorter, with no F hole so I'm going  to keep that and my S2 for if and when I do start playing again.

Thanks for info. I've looked on youtube and all I've found so far is one vid of the older style Electro with the mag pickup much closer to the bridge. I'll have another rummage around. Ah the little Mouse, that is something rather special, I have one too!

• 9 months later...