Why become a member? ×

Chris Squire, The Fish boxed set.

spectoremg

I still play the original LP and I wouldn't say it was woolly.  I also have the 2007 reissue which also seems clear enough -  that came with the DVD of you by my side and hold out your hand plus the interviews.  Can't see much point in this box set, especially as it doesn't seem to come with the poster of the Fish stained glass window. 

It's a really great album... one of the most triumphant bass intros ever! Not to mention Bill Bruford absolutely killing throughout.

All helped along by an absence of guitars... Andrew Pryce Jackman's contributions were overlooked I think but rightfully acknowledged by CS on his commentary.

1 hour ago, jacko said:

I still play the original LP and I wouldn't say it was woolly.  I also have the 2007 reissue which also seems clear enough -  that came with the DVD of you by my side and hold out your hand plus the interviews.  Can't see much point in this box set, especially as it doesn't seem to come with the poster of the Fish stained glass window. 

Cheers for this. I was unaware of the 2007 reissue. There's a slightly confusing reference on Wiki saying that the master tapes were lost as of 2004 but the '07 reissue was a remastered stereo mix?

I’ll probably pick up the two  CD digipack at £11.99 with the new stereo mix and remastered 1975 mix pus bonus tracks... if only to get the original version of Run With The Fox and Return Of The Fox in CD/digital format finally! Had the 7” and love that song!

My brother has the original vinyl of this album with the poster signed by Chris Squire. I keep telling him it’s worth something but he just shrugs. When I point out the rarity of his signed (by Marc Bolan) copy of Jeepster by T. Rex, again, all he does is shrug. He’s a bizarre man.