Why become a member? ×

The one you know is going to get away....

Wilco

Spotted another Maruszczyk I REALLY want.

Haven't got the readies to buy it & equally really do not want to sell anything I've got.

Gonna end up in someone else's hands ain't it - dammit!!

GAS - a first world problem admittedly, but a very annoying one! ☹️

2 hours ago, discreet said:

It's not GAS that's the problem, its not having the wherewithal to do anything about it, as you know... :)

Well I used to think that but I recently received a cheque from my wife in payment for agreeing not to be married to her any more and as much as I planned to salt it away it's been pouring through my fingers like sand. The only truly bizarre thing is I've not bought any bass guitars .

Yet.

1 minute ago, discreet said:

Just make sure you buy a bass before it all gets spent on things you don't need. ;)

Like the deposit on my daughter's house which she will then let me live in? That was kind of the plan.

Actually my excuse is the Brexit economic meltdown will see us wheeling barrows of money to buy a set of strings before long, so I'd better shift it all now.

• Like 1

Back to Wilco's post. Those Maruszczyk bases are absolutely gorgeous and I cannot justify buying one so I feel the pain. Also my absolute ultimate P bass was up for sale here recently and I definitely dare not go near it. It will disappear over the horizon and I will have to wave it goodbye from the beach

16 hours ago, Wilco said:

Spotted another Maruszczyk I REALLY want.

Haven't got the readies to buy it & equally really do not want to sell anything I've got.

Gonna end up in someone else's hands ain't it - dammit!!

GAS - a first world problem admittedly, but a very annoying one! ☹️

If you already have one then why bother, you can only play one at a time. :D

On 18/01/2018 at 11:29, discreet said:

It's not GAS that's the problem, its not having the wherewithal to do anything about it, as you know... :)

See where you're coming from. However without the initial GAS, the question of the wherewithal would never come up! 😆

22 hours ago, NickD said:

Maruszczyks are rubbish for curing GAS anyway, I've got a pair but I still go twitchy everytime I see one in the marketplace.:crazy:

Glad I'm not alone. Trouble is, they are so distinctive they are difficult to sneak past the Mrs without her noticing. Not that I would ever condone that sort of behaviour obviously..... 😳🤥

Anyway, GAS frustration has subsided a little as said instrument is for sale used, & after a play on the configurator this morning, I have sussed that I can get a new virtually identical one for pretty much the same money if i wanted.

8 hours ago, tauzero said:

If only I'd had your solicitor...

The one thing we both agreed on was no solicitor would line his or her pocket as a result of our unhappiness. We came to an agreement at the kitchen table. she kept everything and I only got paid as much as she could afford.