Why become a member? ×

Looking for participants for a study on Musical Similarity

EvilSmile

Hi,

I'm looking for some bass players/musicians to help me out and participate in a short (5-10min) study on musical similarity its part of my Phd research (which maybe familiar to those who saw threads on my previous studies here and here ) . 

The official study description is:

This is a study into the perceived musical similarity between different extracts from different bass lines. You will be presented with a series of questions asking you to compare a selection of audio files.  All audio files contain baseline extracts. You will be required to state which two audio files from the selection are most similar. The responses from this study will be compared to, used to evaluate, and help refine a method of calculating musical similarity based upon melodic and syncopation features that can be extracted from the notated musical content of the extracts.

If you are interested/willing to help out can you let me know? (PM/reply here) as i'll need to send you the audio files and a link to a google form to fill in your answers (its a little awkward I know, I can't share a single set of files/link as I need to generate the audio/questions for each new participant).

Many thanks in advance!

Callum

Edited by EvilSmile