Why become a member? ×

Please close - parting out instead
£418

Jimryan

Afternoon all,

i imagine this is going to ruffle a few feathers being a bits and more than the original basses cost, but here's one of my bits a basses.  It'll be on here for a month and if it doesn't shift it'll be taken to pieces and parted out (if it should come to that, feel free to PM any part dibs).  Included in the sale is the bass itself, a Thomann deluxe gigbag, all the original wiring, pickups and bridge, a spare rotosound nexus B string and a brand new, unopened set of Rotosound Tru-bass 88 Black nylon strings, spare brass scratchplate screws and some Schaller style straplocks to go with what's fitted on the bass.  

As for the bass itself, it's a Harley Benton PJ-5 HTR Deluxe.  After receiving it, I removed all the original electronics and pickups Andy had the bridge rout made a little larger.  The current spec is as follows:

Body - Alder

Nut width - 45mm

Neck pickup - Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder

Bridge pickup - Seymour Duncan SMB-5D, ceramic musicman pickup (wired in parallel)

Electrics - Ki0gon loom made of 500k pots

Bridge - Babicz FCH 

Tuners - Hipshot ultralite HB6-Y, discontinued satin brass finish

Extras - original knobs swapped for gold finish, strap buttons swapped for Schaller style ones, scratchplate screws swapped for gold ones, red self adhesive vinyl applied to give "matching headstock" appearance

Happy for collection or postage at buyers cost.  Would rather not part it out as it's a great bass, but having just bought a Dingwall I really don't need it.  Also sorry to anyone this post upsets or annoys for the time being.

As for px/trade options, I’m really after either a TC Electronic BG250-208 or a Line 6 wireless system.

For anyone wanting to try it out, I'm based in Portsmouth.

Cheers

James

Edited by Jimryan
Trade options