Why become a member? ×

Anybody bought from Rubadub in Glasgow?

Quatschmacher

I bought an interface and some studio monitors from their shop, but at my request they dispatched them to my home address from their mail-order operation free of charge.  They were very willing to price match, have a interesting selection of synths and monitors in the shop.  I don't think they do basses though, unless things have changed recently - my purchases were about 3 years ago.  Based on that experience I would thoroughly recommend them - much more friendly than the equivalent Guitar Guitar music tech shop in Glasgow. 

2 minutes ago, TorturedSaints said:

I bought an interface and some studio monitors from their shop, but at my request they dispatched them to my home address from their mail-order operation free of charge.  They were very willing to price match, have a interesting selection of synths and monitors in the shop.  I don't think they do basses though, unless things have changed recently - my purchases were about 3 years ago.  Based on that experience I would thoroughly recommend them - much more friendly than the equivalent Guitar Guitar music tech shop in Glasgow. 

Thanks. I’m particularly looking at synths and pedals. 

28 minutes ago, thepurpleblob said:

I'm not down that way very much (most men visit Howard Street as there is a well known "quick in and out" business suit emporium and I am a scruff). In my head, they've been there for a few years now. Never ventured in...

I normally pass it when out shopping with the wife. She’ll be in the St Enoch Centre and I’ll head along to Kenny’s Music for a browse, passing Rub A Dub. Like you, I’ve never been in myself.

I'd never heard of them until I saw this post. Since I'm needing a daft cable for the wireless transmitter I thought I'd email them before ordering from Thomann.

The fella Aleks was quic kwith his replies.Sadly they didn't have what I needed but at least he had a look and offered some suggestions. Makes a change from GG,standard response I get there is " Sorry mate if it's not on the racks we don't stock it ".

I'll be keeping them in mind for the future.