Why become a member? ×

Friends, Romans, Countrymen.... lend me your cabs!

Steelyad

Hi everyone. This is a strange request, but hopefully the BC community can help me out a bit. 

I’m trying to make sure my recording studio is financially supported- times can be tough recently. I’ve started working with Two Notes, a company that make hardware that uses virtual guitar/bass cabs, and through them my studio, Hop Pole Studios, is selling cabs and splitting the money. It’s not a great deal, but it’s passive income once the fancy magic is done. 

What i’m asking, strange as it may seem, is for some of your good selves to help out by bringing some of your lovely cabs to my studio for an afternoon. I’m not asking you to leave them with me, as I understand you wouldn’t trust someone you’ve never met before with your kit- but tea & biscuits would be supplied, as well as some beer/petrol money as thanks and to make things worth your while. 

We’re based in Ashton-under-Lyne, East Manchester, just off the M60 so those in Cornwall- it may be a bit too far!

Capturing a cab takes about 2 hours, and you would always have the pride of looking in the Two notes store and saying “that’s my cab!” 

We’re also fairly flexible in terms of making ourselves available to suit you so if there’s a particular day you’d be available we would work around you (after all, you’d be doing us a favour in the long run). 

So thanks in advance

Adam

Hop Pole Studios 

Hey all. 

Yes that’s Two notes of the Torpedo fame, yes- I make a lot of the cabs for the Torpedo series!

i didn’t want to be so presumptive as to make a list, but I guess I’m looking for character as much as anything, so cabs like EBS, SWR, Trace (Ampeg has been captured to death unless you’ve got anything unusual) would be great. Maybe Barefaced and Darkglass would go down well, not sure the DG cabs are even out there yet...

Also if you’ve got any cool guitar cabs I’d be interested in capturing their souls also (so to speak). I’ve done a lot of Zilla cabs and a few Marshalls, but if anyone’s got real old Marshall cabs (guitar or bass) they would be of special interest. 

Cheers again