Why become a member? ×

If £2k is burning a hole in your pocket....

Barking Spiders

..what's the temptation to go and blow it all on a much desired bass,  guitar ( i like both equally , if that's not considered blasphemous here :biggrin:) or other instruments or are there other completely different things you'd rather spend it on . As the thread title suggests it's only about spending on good stuff not dull things like a new carpet for the kids bedroom etc. I ask as I won nearly that amount on an accumulator on the horses at the weekend and am definitely gonna spend it on myself and/ or 'er indoors  for a change and not them pesky kids :i-m_so_happy:.

I dreamt I won the lottery the other day, and remembered the numbers when I woke up!

I was playing bass for Jackie Chan's Japanese guitar tour in that dream strangely. Odd.

Just in case I win on Saturday I have already chosen which Warwick custom shop bass I will be ordering before I even think about sensible purchases.

Who needs new furniture anyway?

Edited by ribbetingfrog

I went into the bank last weekend, the cashier mentioned the fact that I had money in there that was not earning any interest and that there were other places they could happily move it for me, I agreed in principal so ordered the Mesa Boogie Subway cabs from Bass Direct I had been lusting after recently....job done!

• Haha 2

If I came into £2k, the temptation to blow it on a set of IEM would be tremendous, but I would resist and put it towards a new boiler.

Non-musically and non-house related? I'd put it aside so the wife and I could finally have a honeymoon (been married six years in June) once smallest child is old enough to stay with grandparents.

Just now, martthebass said:

I can always find another bass/amp/cab that I ‘have to have’, but this year when I reach the c.£2.5k figure in the band pot it’s going on a Omega Seamaster or a Breitling Superocean....promised myself one years ago and never got around to it.

Good choice sir! 

Got my eye on a panerai... Cannae see it happening

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gs_triumph said:

Good choice sir! 

Got my eye on a panerai... Cannae see it happening

Know what you mean GST, if I can hold the course it’ll be the Omega, if I can see financial pressures (eg. ‘We could do with a new bed’ Mrs MTB) then it’ll be the Breitling....but still an auto.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

Not a popular answer round here, but I would have a hard time not spending it on a Ric 4003.

Yup, can totally agree with that, but I could do with a decent amp as well. Maybe some other stuff...

Dunno, I quite fancy another bike as well.

It's your money, do what you will with it, and enjoy. :)

Did I mention I recently bought a brand new USA Lakland?

I definitely (now) do not have 2K burning a hole in my pocket. 

The nature of my work is that this occasionally (very occasionally) happens to me and I have some cash to squander. Normally it goes on (sensible in my case) IT equipment but I do have the odd splurge. :biggrin:

2k would just about cover the cost of a new Stingray, allowing me to complete Leo's trinity.

I also have a weird hankering for a white Les Paul.

I've never really got on with them but I'm worried that if Gibson follow the crowd and switch from rosewood to pau ferro boards at some point in the near future, then by the time I finally give in and decide to get one, the new ones just aren't going to look right.

57 minutes ago, Cato said:

2k would just about cover the cost of a new Stingray, allowing me to complete Leo's trinity.

I also have a weird hankering for a white Les Paul.

I've never really got on with them but I'm worried that if Gibson follow the crowd and switch from rosewood to pau ferro boards at some point in the near future, then by the time I finally give in and decide to get one, the new ones just aren't going to look right.

White les Paul’s (generally) have ebony fingerboards. And up until they sell the factory in Memphis, that’s where white ones are sprayed.

dont know why. That’s just what I learned while drinking beer Gibson paid for.

16 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

White les Paul’s (generally) have ebony fingerboards. And up until they sell the factory in Memphis, that’s where white ones are sprayed.

dont know why. That’s just what I learned while drinking beer Gibson paid for.

Good to know, cheers.

The urge to panic buy is subsiding.

Edited by Cato

15 hours ago, Roger2611 said:

I went into the bank last weekend, the cashier mentioned the fact that I had money in there that was not earning any interest and that there were other places they could happily move it for me, I agreed in principal so ordered the Mesa Boogie Subway cabs from Bass Direct I had been lusting after recently....job done!

The two 1x15s? You won't be disappointed.

14 hours ago, DJpullchord said:

2k? Weekend away with Mrs £500

trip to theme park etc with kids £300

whats left, blow on the most outrageous thing you can!!!

How much have you lost on accumulators.............?

In 30 years of following horse racing this is only the second time I've won an accumulator and I do Scoop 6 most weekends though it wasnt that that won me the dosh. Over the last year or so I'm just about ahead, with a hit rate of around 20% i'e. I lose on 4 out of every five I bet on but doshwise tend to do ok