MDWagstaff

Yamaha TRBX600 series NEW

18 minutes ago, MDWagstaff said:

The question is, how long do we have to wait?

In a dealer? Anywhere between tomorrow and next year xD

It's good to see Yamaha pushing forward with new models though. They really are one of the best bang-for-buck brands 

Ah, saw the ad on Facebook and started salivating immediately! As soon as they’re available I want one, the amber burst looks gorgeous and I think looks so much nicer than the new BB range.

Anyone know when they’re likely to arrive and get in the shops?

Electronics look the same as (or very close to) the 5 series. Anybody else happen to think the cheaper 3 series sounded better though?!

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

I have to agree. I tried one out in Yamaha Music London about 3 years ago. One of the staff set me up in a lovely isolated booth, plugged into a good mixer & PA at moderate volume and it just sounded a bit dull to my ears. A shame as I quite liked the ergonomics.

I tried a 500 series last year and was most unimpressed with the sound and feel. I'm a huge fan of the original TRB I basses. They sounded and felt very special. I know the on board electronics could be a little noisy but it was easy to sort. I really wish Yamaha would take those basses in to account. I understand it's about moving forward as a company as well but the TRB I's were so right in my opinion, of course. The new Yamaha basses look ace but I have to be honest, the sound on the TRBX600 being demonstrated left me feeling cold. I'd still like to try one.

Most people gravitated towards the 500 series over the 300 due to it's nicer finish, active/passive switching, a 'grown up'  EQ rather than 'Fisher Price My First Active Bass' preset system, and the belief that the higher price reflected a higher quality bass.

However when I gave the 300 series a bash I instantly thought it was the better sounding instrument and those presets were pretty handy too!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By slapmonsta
      Price Drop-£440

Up for sale is my "Tobacco burst" Yamaha BB1024 and gig bag.
      These are excellent "all round" instruments-typical Yamaha rock solid build quality with a "spline joint" Alder body ,a choice of thru-body diagonal stringing,"Vintage Plus" bridge and a five-piece maple and nato neck.
      Sonically these basses can do pretty much anything from Jaco back-pickup jazz to fat P-bass dub, and anything in between.
      The output from the custom designed pickups is full range and VERY wide-almost an "active" sound from the alnico and ceramic blade setup.These are "big" sounding basses!
      I'm letting this one go as I already have a 1024X I gig with, and this is way too good a bass to be sat as a backup.
      The bass will be supplied with a generic gig bag.
      Thanks for looking 😀

• By DarylClayton
      Hi all
      A great bass from the Yamaha custom shop in Japan, bought new from Yamaha Music London in Soho in 2017.
      You can hear me playing it live here:

In the video I had the bass set on the neck pick up just like a P Bass.
      I have mainly used it in P Bass mode and it is great for Motown and Soul and Disco music and sits perfectly in the mix.
      The added benefit of switching between pick ups creates a variety of different sounds and the tone dial has a lot of depth to it depending on how much you roll on or off. For example, you can get a great Jaco sound from the bridge pick up and then a quick change to sounding like Jamerson on the neck pick up. It's like having two basses in one. Or you can have a great Jazz Bass sound with plenty of bite and punch on both pick ups.
      It is in great condition and comes with a Yamaha case and certificate. Come and check it out.
      My feedback is here https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/298215-feedback-for-darylclayton/?tab=comments#comment-3211013
      Thanks

• By Mickyk
      After a bit of advice really .If you were to replace the already decent sounding pups in the above bass ?what would you change them too ,and why. 
    • By Hellzero
      YAMAHA TRB-5P from the 23rd of August 1995. This model was discontinued in 1996.

Would prefer selling it, but trades are always welcome, especially for a fretless bass : 4, 6 or 8 (no octave strings) strings unlined are my preferences.

Simply the best P/J fiver on the market with the extra piezos that you can really use, way far better than my previous BB2025X and to date the best TRB I've ever owned. The Yamaha TRB-5P is still the main bass used by Abraham LABORIEL, there must be a reason...

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1100 GBP !!!

In fully working condition and very good overall condition for its age.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : 2 wings of flamed maple with rosewood thick veneer core
      Neck through : 5 pieces of maple and mahogany
      Fingerboard : ebony
      Frets : 24 (has been professionally refretted)
      Headstock : 3 + 2 shape (angled) with rosewood top
      Pickups : 1 Yamaha BP-Z5 piezos bridge (one per string) + 1 Yamaha YJC52 + 1  Yamaha YPC52
      Preamp : Yamaha BP-Z 2 bands
      Controls : volume, magnetic pickups blend, bass, treble, magnetics to piezos blend, piezos low cut switch (-12 db at 50 Hz)
      Tuners : Gotoh/Yamaha
      Bridge : Yamaha BP-Z5
      Strings spacing at bridge : 19 mm
      Nut : bone
      Strings spacing at nut : 9 mm
      Knobs : original Yamaha
      Scale : 33 7/8 inches (860 mm)
      Hardware colour : gold (tarnished)
      Truss rod : 1 (fully working)
      Finish : amber gloss (has turned to some orange shade)
      Land of craftsmanship : Japan
      Serial number : 3O23075
      Year : 23rd of August 1995
      Weight : 4.4 kilos
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with a brand new semi-rigid case.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

I'm only selling this terrific P/J fiver because I really have problems with odd numbers basses. I know... My loss is your gain.

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC. It has a new battery and has been fitted with a brand new set of Newtone Diamond Stainless Steel Hex Core strings (42 - 60 - 75 - 96 - 120), which fit the bass to perfection.

This fantastic Yamaha will also come with a brand new spare Newtone Diamond Stainless Steel Hex Core strings set (42 - 60 - 75 - 96 - 120), with two high C's, just in case.

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures taken under different angles in natural light to see the real condition and the real colour : some knocks, dings and dongs due to its age (almost 25 years), but nothing serious. It has been professionally refretted by a previous owner. The ouput jack has been changed from a barrel one to a Telecaster type, which is much more convenient.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

Yamaha TRB-5P Service Manual.pdf
    • By Gat0017
      Hello guys, me and my father are currently on a search for Yamaha BBNE2 white. We are already trying for months. As we live in Czechia our sources are kinda limited. We don't want to get one from USA cause we would have to pay 30% VAT+duty. We even tried getting it from Japan online store KUROSAWA and they told us to wait until the end of February but I asked now anyway and they responded with the bass delivery being postponed to May. So that gave me an idea to ask you guys here. If you know anyone who posses this bass, or know some of your local or online shop/second-hand shop where this bass is available and on stock for a reasonable price, just please give us a hint. We are willing to come for it across the europe. Thank you all very much for your help.
      Jirka