MDWagstaff

Yamaha TRBX600 series NEW

18 minutes ago, MDWagstaff said:

The question is, how long do we have to wait?

In a dealer? Anywhere between tomorrow and next year xD

It's good to see Yamaha pushing forward with new models though. They really are one of the best bang-for-buck brands 

Ah, saw the ad on Facebook and started salivating immediately! As soon as they’re available I want one, the amber burst looks gorgeous and I think looks so much nicer than the new BB range.

Anyone know when they’re likely to arrive and get in the shops?

Electronics look the same as (or very close to) the 5 series. Anybody else happen to think the cheaper 3 series sounded better though?!

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

I have to agree. I tried one out in Yamaha Music London about 3 years ago. One of the staff set me up in a lovely isolated booth, plugged into a good mixer & PA at moderate volume and it just sounded a bit dull to my ears. A shame as I quite liked the ergonomics.

I tried a 500 series last year and was most unimpressed with the sound and feel. I'm a huge fan of the original TRB I basses. They sounded and felt very special. I know the on board electronics could be a little noisy but it was easy to sort. I really wish Yamaha would take those basses in to account. I understand it's about moving forward as a company as well but the TRB I's were so right in my opinion, of course. The new Yamaha basses look ace but I have to be honest, the sound on the TRBX600 being demonstrated left me feeling cold. I'd still like to try one.

Most people gravitated towards the 500 series over the 300 due to it's nicer finish, active/passive switching, a 'grown up'  EQ rather than 'Fisher Price My First Active Bass' preset system, and the belief that the higher price reflected a higher quality bass.

However when I gave the 300 series a bash I instantly thought it was the better sounding instrument and those presets were pretty handy too!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Greg Edwards69
      This is a great value and reliable bass, but I need to thin the herd
      I bought this used from Gig Gear in Harlow a number of years ago as a backup to my LTD2 Attitude. Built in1992, I believe and is great condition for a used. A handful of marks that were there when I bought it but is quite consistent for a bass of this vintage (the control cavity cover still has the plastic on it!)
      As I wanted this to be a backup to the LTD2 I replaced the pickups with the same Dimarzio DP146 “Will Power” split P and I installed an Ultra Jazz at the bridge - the most powerful Jazz single coil I could find. Unfortunately I do not have the original pickups anymore. You’ll notice I have added a couple of pieces of pickguard material to the top of the P pickup with double sided sticky tape. This is so I can seat them lower but use the surface as a ramp. Unlike Billy Sheehan’s expos method, this is completely reversible. 
      Unusually, this bass has a 3 way switch and master volume and tone.  Wide (45mm at nut) flat neck with rosewood fingerboard with a deeper more solid neck joint than other basses. Heavy duty Yamaha hardware (although the hex in one of the saddle screws was stripped when I bought it). Schaller strap locks (I may have the original strap buttons somewhere). Rotosound Billy Sheehan strings installed, but they will likely need replacing soon. Beautiful Crimson Red finish. Appears to have a subtle sparkle and changes from red to pink in different light. I will include a levies strap with the other parts of the strap locks installed. Local pickup would be preferred (Southend-on-Sea area, easily accessed from London). I could meet in London if preferred. I can include a Warwick roackbag gig bag with this option for another £40 
      I’d rather not ship but I can do if necessary for a fee yet to be determined in a good quality Squier bass guitar box (gig bag inclusion not possible)  

• By sprocketflup
      Now sold.

My herd thinning continues with this, a Yamaha RBX374.
      This is a really nice bass, in very, very good condition, plays well and has a monster sound. The two MM style pickups give access to a very large palette of tones, very impressive. Usually is with Yamaha instruments though I find.
      The pics speak for themselves.
      I'm based near Honiton if anyone wants to come have a noodle, and would prefer the bass be collected. I'm not averse to posting if need be though. Alternatively, I'm  on the road a fair bit with my band, and could bring this along to a gig should we be playing near you. Dates and venues here - http://cloudbusting.co.uk/dates

• By waveydavy
      Yamaha SC-02 sessioncake practice amp for sale. Recent impulse purchase a fortnight ago , put batteries in to test but otherwise new in the box.
      Features & details
      A Portable, lightweight, battery powered device for creating, collaborating and mixing Plug in your microphone, keyboard or digital instrument Jam with your friends Jam or practice with iOS apps Mix your own session Input L/mono, input R (standard phone, Hi-Z), mic input (XLR), phones, chain x 2 (stereo mini), aux (4-pole mini)
    • By Ma'Grass
      Hey fellow bassmen!     You probably know how good this instrument is and how much I am going to regret selling it. Truth is that I actually don't even want to sell it! I am forced to due to the current situation, finances getting tighter and tighter by the day.   This is an awesome piece of equipment that is currently out of production, you will pretty much find them only second hand.   I gigged her quite extensively but always treated her with much respect. All that playing has definitely helped to bring her alive hence why she does have that mojo! There are virtually no dings or scratches on her, I've been that careful.   The sound of this bass is really incredible.. not to mention the construction: spline joint Alder body, Rosewood neck, through-body stringing and bolt-on construction. That's the specs you need for the perfect funk machine. I said enough! I Will throw in a hard case within the price too,     Get in touch, don't miss out on this rare beauty!     Matteo

• By Mikkel-S
      traded!!

The Japanese made Yamaha BB basses probably don't need any further introduction. This bass is the latest iteration of the legacy and does the job as expected. Superb craftsmanship and feels like "an old friend". Very resonant and lively bass. Sounds fantastic and suits pretty much any genre and playing style you throw at it. A modern working mans bass and a swiss knife sound wise. 
      Bass is in mint condition. 
      OHSC, all papers and case candy included. 
      Ships from Denmark. 
      Trades: fretless basses. MM Stingrays, Fender P's and maybe a nice short scale.