Why become a member? Read more... ×
Basschat podcast: Episode 3 Read more... ×
MDWagstaff

Yamaha TRBX600 series NEW

18 minutes ago, MDWagstaff said:

The question is, how long do we have to wait?

In a dealer? Anywhere between tomorrow and next year xD

It's good to see Yamaha pushing forward with new models though. They really are one of the best bang-for-buck brands 

Ah, saw the ad on Facebook and started salivating immediately! As soon as they’re available I want one, the amber burst looks gorgeous and I think looks so much nicer than the new BB range.

Anyone know when they’re likely to arrive and get in the shops?

Electronics look the same as (or very close to) the 5 series. Anybody else happen to think the cheaper 3 series sounded better though?!

Yeah the Matte Amber looks the business. Why it’s taken them so long to do this I don’t know.

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

I have to agree. I tried one out in Yamaha Music London about 3 years ago. One of the staff set me up in a lovely isolated booth, plugged into a good mixer & PA at moderate volume and it just sounded a bit dull to my ears. A shame as I quite liked the ergonomics.

I tried a 500 series last year and was most unimpressed with the sound and feel. I'm a huge fan of the original TRB I basses. They sounded and felt very special. I know the on board electronics could be a little noisy but it was easy to sort. I really wish Yamaha would take those basses in to account. I understand it's about moving forward as a company as well but the TRB I's were so right in my opinion, of course. The new Yamaha basses look ace but I have to be honest, the sound on the TRBX600 being demonstrated left me feeling cold. I'd still like to try one.

Most people gravitated towards the 500 series over the 300 due to it's nicer finish, active/passive switching, a 'grown up'  EQ rather than 'Fisher Price My First Active Bass' preset system, and the belief that the higher price reflected a higher quality bass.

However when I gave the 300 series a bash I instantly thought it was the better sounding instrument and those presets were pretty handy too!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bigsmokebass
      Location- Wirral, Northwest UK 
      Or add £30 for insured, tracked and next-day delivery. 
      Price: £1750 Value - £1500 Sale
      no trades, no offers.
      Hey guys, 
      Sticking the feels out for this beautiful, Japanese made, Yamaha bass. I got this last year off @karlfer and between us, have kept it in pristine condition. Everything as new from the factory, including special pickup casing, cat stickers, CD case, paperwork and Yamaha hardcase. 
      Absolutely fantastic bass and put together by an artist who certainly knows his beans on making a modern Pbass (without needing an active EQ!) Some real detail goes into making these basses and the Attitude 3 bass being a refined edition to stand the test of time now for this artist model.
      Recently come to get my hands on my dream BB's and I just can't sit and watch this beauty gather dust and go without use. So I'm sticking £1500 on this and not willing to let it go for any less. Not looking to trade unless something in Yamaha form and sure to tickle my fancy but with cash my way. 
      DiMarzio Willpower & Model 1, drop D, stereo/mono, scalloped frets etc
      9lb 7oz

Any questions, fire away. No offers. Limited trades only. 

Big Smoke
    • By fretmeister
      Selling a Yamaha DXR10 powered PA / FRFR speaker with a Stagg cover / gig bag.

I've been using this for my Helix, but I've recently got some studio monitors so this is sitting around being a post stand for my helix!

It's in excellent condition and has only been out of the house a couple of times. It's frighteningly loud (1100 W) and is a perfect fit for any modern modelling unit, or as a PA cab.
      I bought this rather than other options because not only was it excellent for guitar use, it was also the best option for bass. Handles a low B (or A) very well indeed.

Also comes with the Stagg SPD-10 cover / gigbag / giant handbag (£40 cover)  that I've never actually used!

Full specs are on the Yamaha site here: https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/proaudio/speakers/dxr/features.html#product-tabs

Including the cover I'm looking for £350 collected from Northants.

• By lastanthem88
      For sale is an absolutely brand spanking Yamaha BB424 in metallic red. 
      I bought this in early December from new intending to use it on Christmas gigs but in the end it sat in the corner of my music room on a guitar stand and to be honest I really have no idea why - it's never left the house, I've plugged in and played a few times but just kept on using my P bass for gigs.
      I'm sure pretty much everyone who is on these forums will vouch for these as being extremely high quality basses, particularly in terms of value for money, so I won't go into any detail on how it plays etc.
      Bought for £280.00, it's literally not got a mark on it as you will see from the pictures, so looking for £250.00 delivered. I'll post via UPS on a tracked next day service. It's a beautiful instrument but to be honest I need the cash.
      Any questions let me know! 

• By bigsmokebass
      Hey guys, 
      Finally got my order received, including 2 Yamaha BBs, Ashdown CTM head and cab and even an ashdown tone pocket to stay on the neighbours Christmas card list 😉 hahaha

Obviously, matching 4 & 5 string BBP34 and 35 basses. Fit like a glove, sound amazing and don't break my back the way the BB1025 does. Extremely happy to have these. 
      The ashdown is just pure valve bass amp goodness. Got less watts to play with but compared to my Trace Elliot 715 and Ashdown Touring 220w, I've got more tone to play with and its loud enough for what I need it for. I will be investing in some casters for the cab though, it's a heavy thing and the wheels on the back of the cab are practically useless unless you're 2ft tall, to use it on the 45° angle and don't need to move it sideways. 

All in all, feel like a kid on Christmas getting everything on his list to santa. So happy 😁