MDWagstaff

Yamaha TRBX600 series NEW

18 minutes ago, MDWagstaff said:

The question is, how long do we have to wait?

In a dealer? Anywhere between tomorrow and next year xD

It's good to see Yamaha pushing forward with new models though. They really are one of the best bang-for-buck brands 

Ah, saw the ad on Facebook and started salivating immediately! As soon as they’re available I want one, the amber burst looks gorgeous and I think looks so much nicer than the new BB range.

Anyone know when they’re likely to arrive and get in the shops?

Electronics look the same as (or very close to) the 5 series. Anybody else happen to think the cheaper 3 series sounded better though?!

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

I have to agree. I tried one out in Yamaha Music London about 3 years ago. One of the staff set me up in a lovely isolated booth, plugged into a good mixer & PA at moderate volume and it just sounded a bit dull to my ears. A shame as I quite liked the ergonomics.

I tried a 500 series last year and was most unimpressed with the sound and feel. I'm a huge fan of the original TRB I basses. They sounded and felt very special. I know the on board electronics could be a little noisy but it was easy to sort. I really wish Yamaha would take those basses in to account. I understand it's about moving forward as a company as well but the TRB I's were so right in my opinion, of course. The new Yamaha basses look ace but I have to be honest, the sound on the TRBX600 being demonstrated left me feeling cold. I'd still like to try one.

Most people gravitated towards the 500 series over the 300 due to it's nicer finish, active/passive switching, a 'grown up'  EQ rather than 'Fisher Price My First Active Bass' preset system, and the belief that the higher price reflected a higher quality bass.

However when I gave the 300 series a bash I instantly thought it was the better sounding instrument and those presets were pretty handy too!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By songofthewind
      It seems to me that the BB style Yamaha's get all the love on here, but I do like the BBG's and BBN's as well.
      I thought it might be nice to start a thread showing of these lovely things, and so I'll start things off by showing my own. Please feel free to add you own pix and your untrammelled adulation for these great basses.

29E848C6-E67A-4963-84EF-CA2E2A7FB40A.heic
    • By Greg Edwards69
      This is a great value and reliable bass, but I need to thin the herd
      I bought this used from Gig Gear in Harlow a number of years ago as a backup to my LTD2 Attitude. Built in1992, I believe and is great condition for a used. A handful of marks that were there when I bought it but is quite consistent for a bass of this vintage (the control cavity cover still has the plastic on it!)
      As I wanted this to be a backup to the LTD2 I replaced the pickups with the same Dimarzio DP146 “Will Power” split P and I installed an Ultra Jazz at the bridge - the most powerful Jazz single coil I could find. Unfortunately I do not have the original pickups anymore. You’ll notice I have added a couple of pieces of pickguard material to the top of the P pickup with double sided sticky tape. This is so I can seat them lower but use the surface as a ramp. Unlike Billy Sheehan’s expos method, this is completely reversible. 
      Unusually, this bass has a 3 way switch and master volume and tone.  Wide (45mm at nut) flat neck with rosewood fingerboard with a deeper more solid neck joint than other basses. Heavy duty Yamaha hardware (although the hex in one of the saddle screws was stripped when I bought it). Schaller strap locks (I may have the original strap buttons somewhere). Rotosound Billy Sheehan strings installed, but they will likely need replacing soon. Beautiful Crimson Red finish. Appears to have a subtle sparkle and changes from red to pink in different light. I will include a levies strap with the other parts of the strap locks installed. Local pickup would be preferred (Southend-on-Sea area, easily accessed from London). I could meet in London if preferred. I can include a Warwick roackbag gig bag with this option for another £40 
      I’d rather not ship but I can do if necessary for a fee yet to be determined in a good quality Squier bass guitar box (gig bag inclusion not possible)  

• By Richard Jinman
      Priced for a (hopefully) quick sale is a Yamaha BB1100s from the Wham! era. I love these basses for their neck profile and versatility, but I've recently bought a natural wood version and for some reason I prefer it to this one. I bought the one that's for sale from B'chatter some months back and had it set up by a local luthier. However, I've just put a new set of Dr Sunbeam (45-105) on and it needs a set up which I haven't got round to. Bass was made in Taiwan and the barely legible serial number is NJ 17156. It's in pretty good condition for its age - just the usual fine scratches and some corrosion on the PUPs (see pix). The biggest defects are 1) it only had one strap lug when I bought it so I've replaced it with the black strap locks you see in the pictures (I'll include the original lug). And 2)  two of the tone controls (smaller knobs) have cracks in them. They seem to be stable, but they're noticeable and buyer might want to replace at some stage. Battery is fairly new. I've got a gig bag and a bass box that I can package it up in so happy to courier. 

• By DarylClayton
      Hi, all
      Up for sale is my Yamaha BB2024x. This model is discontinued but still one of the best P/J basses out there. I bought this new from Yamaha Music London in 2017 but it's been well looked after and is in very good condition with no dents or scratches from what I can see. Photos are below. Also comes with the Yamaha case.
      The BB2024x is a high-end bass, using modern technology and construction, but with a vintage vibe and lots of old school tones. The bass was hand built at Yamaha Japan using ARE (Acoustic Resonance Enhancement) and IRA (Initial Response Acceleration) technology and construction techniques (more details on this below) and features custom wound pickups which provide excellent dynamic range and response for a passive bass. 
      The bass is perfect for rock/pop/blues but works in most musical situations. I have mainly used it for Soul/Disco.
      Here is a clip of me using it live, set on the P Bass pick up, if anyone is interested to hear how it sounds in the mix - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncEU3YZMt0k
      Key features:
      Weight - 4.5 kg Body: Alder ( A.R.E.)  Neck: Maple/Mahogany 5 piece Fingerboard: Rosewood Scale: 34" Frets: 21  Pickups: PJ, Neck: Alnico V split, Bridge: Ceramic single coil Controls: Master Volume / Tone, Toggle Switch  for pickups Hardware: Yamaha Chrome  Finish: Old Vintage Sunburst Yamaha hard case and paperwork included ARE (Acoustic Resonance Enhancement)
      This non-chemical technique transforms the wood to contribute to the BB2024x's superb sound. Using precise control of temperature, humidity, and pressure, this technology alters the structure of the Yamaha bass' wood at a sub-cellular level, transforming it into the same material as would be found on an instrument that's been played for many years. ARE technology helps to bring the bass to life, sounding great from the moment you pick it up.
      IRA (Initial Response Acceleration)
      IRA is a special process that involves resonating the guitar at a certain frequency when it's finished being built, and when it's strung and tuned. It is supposed to have the same physical effect as years of gigging and playing. This corresponds to greater sustain, better high frequency response and, overall, a more lively, open sound.
      More features:
      Spline Joint
      The BB2024X has employed a 3-piece body structure where the bridge is placed on the centre piece in order to translate the maximum amount of string vibration to the body. Instead of simply gluing wood pieces, Yamaha insert a Maple plate, called a "Spline", into a slot on its joint sections. By doing that, Yamaha has succeeded in obtaining as much body vibration as a 1-piece body with this 3-piece body structure. 
      Diagonal Body Thru Stringing
      In Diagonal Body Through Stringing, strings are angled 45 degrees at the saddle to reduce the stress and secure their tension. Moreover, because the attachment area of strings to saddles is larger than conventional vertical stringing, a much better transmission of vibration is obtained and improves the tonal integrity of the bass.
      5-Piece Neck
      The neck consists of Maple and Mahogany. It provides durability and prevents warping and curling. 
      Nickel Silver Nut
      Nickel Silver is used for the nut. It is the same material with fret wires. Unlike conventional bone or artificial ivory nut, it gives the same sound quality and feeling when open notes are played, providing tonal consistency.

I am happy to discuss shipping options. Or am happy to meet up within reason. I also welcome anyone to come over and try the bass out. I do have a Phil Jones headphone amp if anyone wants to meet up and test it in a remote location also.
      For anyone who hasn't dealt with me before, my feedback is here https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/298215-feedback-for-darylclayton/?tab=comments#comment-3211013
      Any questions, please ask.
      Thanks

• By siso0450
      I am selling this wonderful Yamaha BBP35 Bass.
      It is a bass with an impressive sound record, and not only that, but this model is very beautiful.
      I have the original box and all the papers and tools that it includes.
      It's passive and you have a range of sounds from the best Jazz Bass to the best Precision bass.
      The cost of shipping to the European Union is at my expense.
      I do not accept any partial or total trade.
      Specs:

Alder / Maple/ Alder Body Construction 6-Bolt Miter Neck Joint 5-piece Neck YGD Custom V7 Pickups (AlnicoV) Vintage Plus Bridge : Convertible Bridge and Saddle Lightweight Open Gear Tuners I.R.A Treatment Made in Japan
      Weight: 4,52 In a Bathroom Scale The Yamaha Website:
      https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/guitars_basses/el_basses/bb_2017/pro_series.html
      Price: 1220 € // 1090 £