Why become a member? ×

where can I get a 3-hole tele-bass control plate?

mcnach

18 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

The pick ups are just a resistance so the current flow must be fed from the amp.

Oh dear; where to start..?

The pick-ups 'pick up' voltage because they are in a magnetic field being altered by the vibration of magnetic strings. The coils generate electricity, just like a car alternator, but less of it, which is why one needs pre-amps and amplifiers. It can be easily demonstrated by connecting the guitar output to an oscilloscope (so no amplifier...); the generated waveform can be easily identified and measured. If still in doubt or denial, look it up on t'web for other explanations. B|

Nice try, though, I'll give you that. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I know all about Faraday. I'm an electrical / electronic engineer but fun is fun xD

You mean... Gasp..! You mean you knew all that anyway, but were just winding me up..? Why, you little... >:(

xD There'll be a 'next time', just you wait. How goes the expression..? Ah yes: 'Vengeance is a dish best served cold'. ;)

I'm afraid my younger years as an Insttrument tech for a large gases company was spent repairing moving coil meters so thought i would have a little fun to see if you would bite.

I shall prepare myself for the fallout from that silly mistake xD

I'm sure you will get me back hook line and sinker again.   :D

Dave

14 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

...I shall prepare myself for the fallout from that silly mistake xD...

Allow me to recommend an excellent film on the subject (French, but available in English too, I think...). 'Coup de Tête', (1979...) written by Alain Godard and Francis Veber, directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud. I don't know how easy it'd be to find, but it's worth trying, I'd suggest. B|

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

Allow me to recommend an excellent film on the subject (French, but available in English too, I think...). 'Coup de Tête', (1979...) written by Alain Godard and Francis Veber, directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud. I don't know how easy it'd be to find, but it's worth trying, I'd suggest. B|

Couldn't find the English version but did find a Wiki explanation and i am now starting to worry.

I shall curtail my humourous comments and statements from now. :D

Apologies

Dave

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Just read the synopsis.

Sounds like it's up there with 'The Bicycle Theives' in the films to avoid in the search for an evenings light entertainment category.

(For the those fortunate enough to have never seen it, The Bicycle Thieves is an Italian movie, widely regarded as one of the best examples of neo-realism movement. It is also the single most depressing film I've ever seen, the message being that there is no hope. Ever.)

2 minutes ago, Cato said:

Just read the synopsis.

Sounds like it's up there with 'The Bicycle Theives' in the films to avoid in the search for an evenings light entertainment category.

(For the those fortunate enough to have never seen it, The Bicycle Thieves is an Italian movie, widely regarded as one of the best examples of neo-realism movement. It is also the single most depressing film I've ever seen, the message being that there is no hope. Ever.)

I can't agree with this (although I've not seen the Italian film...). 'Coup de Tête' is lightweight, an excellent comedy, played out with some very fine actors, especially Patrick Dewaere (RIP; too soon...). It sounds as if the synopsis you've read does little justice to the film. It's still shown quite regularly on national TV here; I must have watched it over a dozen times. Good Stuff, I say (and I'm almost allergic to most Italian cinema, so would be wary, anyway, from your brief description above...).
Never mind; it illustrated quite nicely our little theme, though. :)