Why become a member? ×

Best Dual Channel amp head?

Moggy

Mesa Titan, Unfortunately, is discontinued, 2 independent channels with independent EQ, master, gain and O.D. Everything controlled through the Footswitch. Probably the second best amp I ever owned, a lot of possibilities. I don't know how it would work with a double bass but its clean sound was amazing, a lot of headroom with 1200 watts.

Edited by spark
misstyping

Dunno if this suggestion will fit in your situation - but I am using first a Boss LS-2 line selector to allow two physical inputs; then I go into a Zoom MS-60B pedal which provides tone shaping.  I have two presets which I have set up for upright and bass guitar - you just stomp to change.

So it's quite modular, keeping the tone shaping distinct from the amplification stage.  That part might change between gigs - straight to FOH PA, to in-ears, to a stage monitor, to a traditional combo or head/cab set flat, or a combination of the above.

So for example, I have been often using a Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2, which I quite like.  It only has one channel, but that doesn't matter.

zz.jpg

Markbass LMK - discontinued.

Tecamp Bonafide - discontinued.

Another option is dual input, footswitchable unit, and are my preferred solution for the situation you describe.  I used to use a Providence Dual Bass Station, but have recently swapped to a Radial Bassbone OD.

I loved the clean headroom of the Providence, but the Bassbone is more versatile, especially as it can have one channel made very DB friendly with a switchable ultra hi impedance input for piezo pickup, and HPF on both channels.

http://www.tonebone.com/pdfs/smartsheet-BassboneOD.pdf

Edited by walbassist