Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Fender Precision MM ice blue metallic £325/295
£350

lownote

Fender P Bass MM icy blue metallic ("Blue Agave"). Not easy colour to photograph.  Bottom pic of a jazz bass I found on the net gives you a better idea of the colour of my bass.  Dates from 2005 I think. It's in great condition but does have a few small dings to the body, nothing major. In the pics it looks silver but it's actually a clear icy pale blue.

Coming from Squiers, I always thought any P bass was as good as the real thing. Not so.  This is built better, balances better, plays better and sounds better than any  P bass clone I've had, bar none. "It's a Fender" in this case is really worth saying. Put it this way, I fitted a KiOgon loom but took it out again because the original was that much better.

Genuine rosewood thumb rest  and Dunlop straplock pins fitted

£350   Collection from North Suffolk preferred but I can post if the buyer pays for insured cartage which will likely be £20-25. 

IMG_1035.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1037.JPGmiss_blue-before.jpg.3a9ac94407f975d2738f5b092e567c7c.jpg

Edited by lownote12

5 minutes ago, lownote12 said:

Right Andy. I was always taught to slope the saddles to match the curve of the fingerboard.

No, they should be parallel to the baseplate as there is otherwise different forces on the screws and the string can slip sideways (esp. on a vintage threaded saddle) or the screw under least tension can work loose.

The exception is the vintage saddles that have pairs of strings on a saddle, they have to be tilted to follow the fretboard radius, but there is a lot of downforce on the saddle so they don't move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nilebodgers said:

No, they should be parallel to the baseplate as there is otherwise different forces on the screws and the string can slip sideways (esp. on a vintage threaded saddle) or the screw under least tension can work loose.

The exception is the vintage saddles that have pairs of strings on a saddle, they have to be tilted to follow the fretboard radius, but there is a lot of downforce on the saddle so they don't move.

Word.

I’d always try to radius them to the fingerboard. Nobody’s died from me doing this to their basses...and I’ve done 100’s, probably 1000’s like that.

depends how hard you play as to wether or not they shift.

im very much a light handed player.

• MoJoKe locked this topic