Why become a member? Read more... ×
Commercial Opportunities Read more... ×
barry021574

Good-value mini tuner

Find a used Polytune mini and don’t look back. They can be had for around £50ish on the used market I think?

I use a 'snark'. Costs about £15. Just clips on to your bass. I was dubious, but theyre very very good. When not in use just put in bass case. Theyre the size of a small watch face.

I've tried a couple of cheaper mini tuners... Ebay style things.  They perform pretty well but I got a polytune mini and have to say it is more accurate and just feels better built. 

Polytune is a great pedal.  Another good cheap option is the Korg Pitchblack Poly.  Fairly small & about £50 new.  There's also the Pitchblack Mini for @ £55.

I've got Mooer rip-off of the Polytune. It's not quite as pretty, but it is very accurate and cheap! I think it was about £40 .

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I don’t think I need a polytuner as there are only 4 strings anyway. I’m most interested in small size, clear display and accuracy. The Pitchblack mini looks good.

I never actually use my Polytune in poly mode. It’s just an excellent tuner all round. Super clear, bright display and accurate!

Thanks again, everyone. Your comments were really useful.

There’s a Korg Pitchblack Mini on sale here on BC, so I’ve bought that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cgg199
      Korg PitchBlack Pro Rackmount Tuner
      I've had this tuner for a couple of years now, but have only used it once , the rest of the time it has just been in it's box, as I don't use a rack system. It's in nearly new condition, the only marks are on the bottom from where I didn't put it away quite right and the rack ears were rubbing - These can be seen in the photos.
      It comes in the original box and is complete with rack ears, screws, and the original power supply.
      I'm based in Nottingham but regularly travel to Leeds, but I'm also happy to post within the UK for a few extra pounds!
      Any questions feel free to ask!
      Cheers,
      Chris

• By Johnebass
      This pedal is brand new and only used once, it is still in the original box with all of the original packing and carry case.
      The Transit™ B pedal is a professional grade pre-amp for the discerning bassist. Built-in tools for tone shaping like Pre-shape, 5 band semi-parametric EQ and dual band Compressor are easy to use and easy to tweak on the fly. Features like Drive with blend control and built-in bass enhancement add to the tonal options available. The back-lit control panel becomes the chromatic tuner for accurate tuning. Built-in Pre and Post XLR balanced output, dry output and headphone output give the user the ins and outs they need.
      Features
      Color coordinated backlit controls Passive/Active switch Pre-shape switch for the classic Trace Elliot EQ curve Drive control with blend knob, footswitchable 5 band semi-parametric EQ with defeat switch Dual band compressor with defeat switch Mute/Tune switch Built-in chromatic tuner Input Gain and Output Level controls Line level, instrument level and dry outputs Pre and Post balanced XLR outputs with Ground Lift Aux input Phones output Dimensions (pedal only): 312 mm W x 114 mm D x 58.4 mm H (12.3" W x 4.5" D x 2.3" H) Weight: 1.18 kg/2.6 lbs Buyer to collect or arrange collection from Bristol.

• By Phil-osopher10
      I have a TC electronic Polytune that is no longer getting much use so I must move it on. 
      It's in great condition, comes boxed and all.
      £50 posted!
      I'll upload photos tonight

• By CalDeep
      Kork pitch black tuner in great condition. Boxed and has just had a new switch. Feels Brand new! 

£45 posted anywhere in the UK 

Cal 

• By Stephen Houghton
      I am looking for a Fender Deluxe 1998 Jazz Bass Tuner, its the one with the black plastic on the back and is thicker on the chrome bit than a standard Fender Jazz or P bass tuner. Cant find these anywhere, on mine the two plastic pegs that stop it spinning has broken and I need a replacement one or a set if there are any out there. Has anyone seen these for sale on the web? Any help in tracking them down would be appreciated Or has anyone managed to repair this problem themselves?

Thanks

Stephen