Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Overwater Jazz 5

terryblyth

Hi guys,

I'm extremely reluctantly putting this up for sale (not trade). It's got Kent Armstrong pickups, and John East's excellent J-Retro circuitry.

The neck profile is quite shallow, and it's a very easy play. To my ears, it sounds very Fender-y, but with the option to go modern with the active pre-amp.

I'm based on the borders of SW London and Surrey (Esher), and I'm in the Bristol / Bath area an awful lot too, but I'm not looking to ship - You'd want to try this before buying it anyway I'd imagine.

I'm selling for [b]£850[/b] (to buy new according to the Overwater site is around £1885).

Questions welcome, and try-outs are encouraged. :)

Terry

Edited by terryblyth

I've got one of these only 35" and with EMG ultra's in lieu of the Kent Armstrongs. Fantastic basses, mines now my no1 gigging bass and it's so easy to play all night.

Good luck with the sale, if it wasn't for the proximity to Christmas I'd have this off you in a flash!

Great price for a great bass and love the color combo too.

[quote name='terryblyth' post='330502' date='Nov 17 2008, 10:52 AM']Thanks for the replies guys, it's much appreciated![/quote]

hi terry,

could you let me know the weight of it please? id be really interested. also, what state is the paint work on it?

Hi Greg!

I'll have to borrow a friend's scales, so if you can hold off for a day or two I'll get it weighed as soon as I can. It's remarkably light, which did concern me, but it can still kick out plenty of bottom end!

It's a gigged bass, so there are some knocks on it, but everything is superficial, and all are quite hard to photograph on my iPhone's camera. I'm in Bristol a fair bit, so I can pop it over for you to have a look at sometime if you fancy?

Bump for a further price reduction - now £850. It won't be going any lower than this though!

Also, as a correction, this is a 35" scale neck, not 34" as I previously posted. It feels just as easy as my 34" Warwick though (which led me to believe it was the same length), which I guess speaks volumes about the playability of it!

Edited by terryblyth

Hello,

Just got a general question about the bass, maybe some other "chatters" may be able to asnswer. Is the body a standard chunky fender jazz shape? It looks a little more trimmed down and slimline than your standard fender shape. It may just be the pictures that and throwing me a little.
Gorgeous bass all the same.

Thanks,

Nathan

• 3 weeks later...