Why become a member? ×

Is there a bass somewhere that doesn’t “play like a dream”?

PawelG

8 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I must be getting old falling for this. Damn i hate BC xDxDxD

Don't worry about it. To cheer you up I can put you in touch with a Nigerian prince who has a really interesting business proposition. Don't thank me yet - let's see how it pans out. I'm very excited, though. :)

Edited by discreet
Spelling
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, leschirons said:

I'm not sure if this will be helpful or not in resolving the concerns of the OP but I have some butter that tastes like a Jazz bass.

I can't believe it's not Precision.....
I'll get my coat.....

17 minutes ago, PawelG said:

Yes, quite a cheap one too. Played like butter after a setup. 

I recently got a cheapo new Ibanez short scale acoustic bass which is nice to play (with fingers not pick; not accustomed to the body size) and it's leagues above in playability to my 80's Takamine G series acoustic. The short scale made all the difference but most of them I find to be a wrestling job to play with proficiency. 

23 minutes ago, Powertripper said:

I recently got a cheapo new Ibanez short scale acoustic bass which is nice to play (with fingers not pick; not accustomed to the body size) and it's leagues above in playability to my 80's Takamine G series acoustic. The short scale made all the difference but most of them I find to be a wrestling job to play with proficiency. 

I had an Ibanez full scale acoustic bass, and once you got used to the deep body, it was great to play
That said, I think it should be easy enough to get used to the body shape if you occasionally dabble on acoustic guitar....
I really liked my Ibanez Electro-acoustic. Some people don't seem to like the sound of acoustic basses, but I really liked mine
It had quite a full sound, and was quite different to solid bodied bass guitars, tonally. It was also handy for learning / jamming along with youtube, or stuff on radio or TV - without needing an amp

The neck was narrow-ish, but when I got it, the action was a bit on the high side. This was cured in the end, by gently sanding down the bridge to lower the strings.
Intonation wasn't brilliant high up the neck - but I couldn't get too high up anyway, due to the body shape

I wouldn't have sold it, as I liked it - but my son loved it, so I gave it to him.....

1 hour ago, Powertripper said:

I do recall having a Fender acoustic with an broken/unadjustable truss rod. The fretboard was like a boomerang. It was virtually unplayable.

45 minutes ago, discreet said:

If it was that cheap it probably played more like margarine...

I think it was a Tanglewood or something. Yes, smooth nevertheless :-)

I don't like margarine.

On 14/01/2018 at 00:38, fleabag said:

"  First to see will buy "

" Previously owned by Chaz Fluffer of the band  The Silly Snails - resident at The Dock n Dug , Chipping Sodbury "

Chaz has sold it?? I had dibs on that as well. Goddam it. I've got all of the Silly Snails back catalogue. Well, the EP demo anyway. 

That Hondo bass was a killer.

44 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Chaz has sold it?? I had dibs on that as well. Goddam it. I've got all of the Silly Snails back catalogue. Well, the EP demo anyway. 

That Hondo bass was a killer.

Did the Hondo play like butter ?  I cant believe its not Hondo