Why become a member? ×

How Many Albums By One Artist Can You Listen To From Start To Finish?

Delberthot

6 hours ago, discreet said:

No need - I'm in the cupboard under the stairs and later on I'll be under the sink with the Brillo pads and stuff.

Thanks for doing the washing up while you were there, the wife thought I'd done it, but only just got home from a gig!

On 1/13/2018 at 13:11, leschirons said:

The Steve Morse band.

I can listen to every album, back to back, no track skipping.

Southern Steel is one of my favourite albums, absolutely love it, can listen to it over and over, all except for the last track Point Counterpoint, really don't like it, so never listen to it. I suppose I could say that I never skip it though, as it is the last track, I just press stop ...

30 minutes ago, vantagepointrocks said:

Southern Steel is one of my favourite albums, absolutely love it, can listen to it over and over, all except for the last track Point Counterpoint, really don't like it, so never listen to it. I suppose I could say that I never skip it though, as it is the last track, I just press stop ...

Stand up, and Stress fest are the two biggies for me but all eminently listenable.

Just done all the Beatles albums chronologically over the weekend - easy to listen to as they're mostly quite short!

Oh yeah, and also brilliant - such a varied amount of songs, doesn't feel like the same band at times. Lots of lesser

known tunes really stood out too, amazing.

I think it depends on what you mean by 'listen'. Most of my listening is an ipod on shuffle but I do always listen to any album I buy all the way through without skipping. After that, it is all on shuffle again. I am also mostly listening whilst doing other things so am rarely paying as much attention as I did when I was younger and had more free time.  I could listen to all of the Yes catalogue without skipping anything until, say, 90125 but even that is not that bad. All of Genesis would be easy. All of Al DiMeola and Weather Report would be a breeze to.

2 hours ago, Bilbo said:

I think it depends on what you mean by 'listen'. Most of my listening is an ipod on shuffle but I do always listen to any album I buy all the way through without skipping. After that, it is all on shuffle again. I am also mostly listening whilst doing other things so am rarely paying as much attention as I did when I was younger and had more free time.  I could listen to all of the Yes catalogue without skipping anything until, say, 90125 but even that is not that bad. All of Genesis would be easy. All of Al DiMeola and Weather Report would be a breeze to.

Does anyone now just sit down and listen to music anymore?  70% of what I listen to is on the car CD player, while I'm driving that is. The other 30% is while building my 'amazing space' project. Not sure I ever sat/lay down to listen to music when I was younger except when having a toke