Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN
£995

vinorange

Up for grabs is my 1992/3 USA Musicman Sterling bass in natural satin with rosewood fretboard. Sale only as I just bought my dream Jazz bass so something has to give..... I will post anywhere but it will need to be insured so will be around £45 UK and £60 to Europe. I can also meet up within a reasonable distance of Chester.

This is from the first run of USA MM sterling basses and is extremely rare, having the recessed neck plate, chrome battery cover, a highly figured maple neck and rare mute pad bridge (with mute pads removed for now as the action is low). These were only produced in this spec for about a year.

It's only just been set up by Ged Green - top luthier in Manchester - and as far as I know it has never been gigged. The previous owner was bought it new in the 90s by his Dad, tried bass, didn't like it and then parked it for 20+ years in a case in the loft. I got it from him and it was dirty but in really good condition. It had the neck treated with lemon oil, frets levelled and polished, truss adjusted, action set nice and low and intonation set. It also has new Ernie ball slinkly strings on. According to Ged it has hardly ever been played.

It plays like a dream and sounds fantastic. The 22 fret neck is 1.5" at the nut and is super smooth. It has a single Humbucker with 3 band Eq and the 3 way toggle switch for parallel / single coil / series selection for the ceramic phantom coil pickup. The body is smaller than the Stingray and with the narrower nut, slimmer neck and lighter body it is - in my opinion - way easier to get on with and tonally more flexible than it's big ugly cousin the Stingray!! It has schaller strap buttons and I'll throw in a leather strap with schaller locks.

It weighs in around 9lbs and comes with a MM case in really good condition - although this isn't the original case. The body is finished in satin lacquer and there are hardly any marks on it although there is a little surface mark near the pickup selector switch. There is also a minor ding on the top of the headstock and the chrome tuners and bridge are a little tarnished but not rusty. All in all it is in superb condition.

I just got a USA FMT Jazz so on a strict one in one out basis, I have to sell this otherwise I'll be in big trouble...........

As for trades, let me know what you have - so long as there's cash my way then it will appease the Mrs

Edited by vinorange

Hi Chewie

I managed to find a 90s USA Jazz FMT deluxe in perfect condition for a great price and couldn't help myself. I'm such a jazz bass fan and the FMT is a gorgeous model. They only come up every now and then so it had to be done. However on the one out one in rule - established by she who must be obeyed - something has to go so I've got this and my Jazz plus up for sale.

Cheers

• MB1 locked this topic