Why become a member? ×

Call Me - Go West

Higgie

4 hours ago, fleabag said:

Very nice Higster - sounds like you may have pedal or 2 involved ?

Not at all! The bass is going straight into my REDDI. It didn’t even go into Logic. I recorded the video with Quicktime, and the input was set to my Duet interface. That’s why the bass is panned left! I was going to re-record it in Logic, as this was originally just going to be a test run to check out the limitations of doing it via Quicktime, but I was pleasantly surprised at how it came out so I just uploaded it :)

1 hour ago, stevie said:

Really enjoyed that! Are you going to share the transcription?

Thanks mate! Yeah i’ll finish up the layout and post it for you. EDIT: Transcription added to the post above.

1 hour ago, dannybuoy said:

Never heard the track before or knew who played on it, but guessed it was Pino after hearing those runs leading into the chorus!

That’s what sold it for me the first time I heard it. Instantly recognisable!

Edited by Higgie

6 hours ago, Higgie said:

Not at all! The bass is going straight into my REDDI. It didn’t even go into Logic. I recorded the video with Quicktime, and the input was set to my Duet interface. That’s why the bass is panned left! I was going to re-record it in Logic, as this was originally just going to be a test run to check out the limitations of doing it via Quicktime, but I was pleasantly surprised at how it came out so I just uploaded it :)

S'funny, as i was sure i heard a chorus pedal. Stiil, thats a great tone

Edited by fleabag

Aaaah, thanks danny.  Still a great tone, though, even when taking that bleed out, i reckon. Kind of warm,  very slightly fuzzy,  thick.  I wonder if thats purely the REDDI ? 

Edited by fleabag

Fantastic - love this bassline (I risked being totally ostracised by all my full-on rocker mates when I bought Bangs and Crashes, the 12" remixes of the Go West stuff, back in the day...) , and that was bob on... :0)

The "Chorus" you will have heard will be the slight differences in timing and intonation between my bass and Pino's original line. 

I think the tone is a combination of the sum of it's parts to be honest fleabag, the REDDI combined with the John East pre/Nordstrand pickup, the action of the strings giving it a slight bit of buzz etc.

19 minutes ago, Higgie said:

The "Chorus" you will have heard will be the slight differences in timing and intonation between my bass and Pino's original line. 

I think the tone is a combination of the sum of it's parts to be honest fleabag, the REDDI combined with the John East pre/Nordstrand pickup, the action of the strings giving it a slight bit of buzz etc.

yeah higgy, whatever it takes to get a nice tone, you did it fella.  Love it