Why become a member? ×

Spector NS 4CRFM SOLD
£1500

cd_david

Spector Euro 4-LX For Sale. Highly figured, book matched flamed SOLID maple wings finished in the most spectacular custom paint job (Dave Wilson Guitars) tobacco burst Through body laminated neck, gold hardware including Hipshot ‘D’ Tuner or original Schaller. EMG PJ pickups with Spector Tone Pump Active Circuit wired Volume, Pan, Bass and Treble. Immaculate condition £1250 ono no trades (APART from RW 70s Precision or Spector MM5) 
Thanks

896D81AC-287E-470B-B292-DBE4BB5D13B6.jpeg

C7E4D6DF-4B78-460D-915B-D54967DB2277.jpeg

4AFA9266-D9DD-482D-B027-64C7C33900AA.jpeg

297AABCB-CD05-422E-9AC1-4E48C5723079.jpeg

Edited by cd_david
  • Like 2

I was a bit meh when I first saw this, but this colour is really growing on me 😂

absolutely stunning finish, and they are just such amazing basses, I love mine!!  if I didn’t already have 2, I might be looking a little closer at this one!!!

GLWTS!

Edited by Damonjames
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm.... are you 100% on that David???

i thought the NS4-CR has the Stuart Spector Designs logo, rather than the Spector logo on yours. 

I have what I believe is referred to as a “non LX Euro”, which is the same as this with solid maple wings and neck through with the “Spector” logo. I am just not 100% on when the cutover from one to the other is. 

Sorry to be an anorak, my intentions are to help as it took me ages to find a non-LX Eur as they are harder to come by. They do sound different to the “walnut sandwich” LX, not night and day but they are different 😄

Edited by Damonjames

7 hours ago, cetera said:

Damon - see P15 here: http://www.spectorbass.com/uploads/resources/completehistory.pdf

This bass is a pre-LX Euro, also known as a NS4CR (or NS4CRFM if flamed maple)

Hope this helps chaps!

The serial number / its placement would make it clear (either a transition era NS-4CR from '99/00 or a pre LX Euro4  from 01-03)

But it's most probably gone as a result of the refinish...

Either way, only a Spector nerd like me would be interested in this, for all the others the only thing to know is that it is a killer bass with huge sound and ergonomics second to none.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, spectoremg said:

Tricky to gauge the exact colour in those pics - looks more amber where the sun catches it?

The colour in the pictures is quite an accurate representation of the actual finish.