Why become a member? ×

"20 Iconic Bass Guitars" - somefing wot I did...

Grassie

Simply put, and choosing mild words carefully, this is just bloody fantastic. I also like its graphical style. I'd take one on A2 if the price is right. 

I'm aware printing on A2 is extremely expensive for you, and this is quite the project, but keep it below 300 quid, and I'm in.

Also: a textless version would be best IMHO for graphical reasons as well as the buyer then being able to hang it on the wall in different angles. We could even be ultra cool and turn the portrait view upside down to make make-do lefties.

Congrats! :drinks:

• Like 1

Thank you for all the lovely comments guys. So I am now in the process of pricing this up as an A2 print, to include P&P. I will have to source and buy some postage tubes but that's something that I've been looking at already as I have other poster designs that I'm trying to persuade people to buy... 😉😆

Edited by Grassie
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

2 metres wide..? I'm triple-XL, but that's enormous..! :shok:

My housemate is a 4X sized ex-competition weight lifter.  That's his next Christmas pressie sorted if @Grassiefollows through with shirt merch (or shmerch as I like to think of it).

PS:  It's got to have to have a BC logo on it if it's a shirt.

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

No, screen printing is the technology for t-shirts.

This would be more suitable for mounting on those large frameless, er, frames. The ink isn't fixed (washable)

Damn.  I was only thinking of commissioning a limited print run on the backs of fifty pairs of M&S Y-fronts when you posted that.  Soggy chips now.

Right. I have a price from a local printers that I'm happy with. I'm going to order 10 to start with if I get 10 confirmed orders from BC'ers. I'm not sure if I'm breaking any forum rules by not putting this on Marketplace though...

Any solid interest then please PM me.

@BassTractor - definitely less than £300...:D

And if anyone has guitarist chums....

20 Iconic Guitars final SAMPLE.jpg

2 hours ago, Grassie said:

Any solid interest then please PM me.

@BassTractor - definitely less than £300...:D

Great. Apparently I'm in then. :)

The £300 number is what I'd have to pay here in Norway for an A2+ size print before P&P, so I thought you could do it including P&P for slightly less in the UK. Of course, if your price is cut to the bone due to P&P being calculated for the UK only, then I'd just wire you more money. Simples.

Will PM later. :)

This is a great idea @Grassie, I'd pop one of these up in the spare room! I'd have to get permission elsewhere ;) I have a Fender tee that's quite similar to this, but obviously only Fender models and it includes "normal" guitars. Are you setting these up to purchase online somewhere?

I did a pop-art print based on Fender headstocks to raise money for local charities in mid-2017 that's still selling fairly well. It's an easily recognisable, iconic shape and a nice bit of fun to play around with. It was shortly after winning a Fender competition, and I ended up looking a right kiss-donkey! 

fender-icons-print.jpg

8 hours ago, Rikki_Sixx said:

...I ended up looking a right kiss-donkey! ...

Don't worry, it's fine to be seen as Mr F's kiss donkey.  No shame in that.

I would not recommend actually snogging a donkey however.  If the relationship progresses well you will inevitable suffer a lot of discomfort and not just from the embarrassment.  You'd also have to wear a nappy and carry a soft cushion around with you for the rest of your life.  Have you seen the size of a donkey's?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rikki_Sixx said:

. Are you setting these up to purchase online somewhere?

Possibly in the not too distant future. I have an Etsy store which has a couple of bits on there at the moment. It's early days but this is something I'd like to pursue as a business. My (long-distant) background is in art and graphic design, and I have rekindled my love of anything graphics-related over the past couple of years, possibly also related to the fact that I haven't done anything bass/gig-wise (on a regular basis at least) for the same amount of time. :)

Edited by Grassie

1 hour ago, Grassie said:

Possibly in the not too distant future. I have an Etsy store which has a couple of bits on there at the moment. It's early days but this is something I'd like to pursue as a business. My (long-distant) background is in art and graphic design, and I have rekindled my love of anything graphics-related over the past couple of years, possibly also related to the fact that I haven't done anything bass/gig-wise (on a regular basis at least) for the same amount of time. :)

It's a great way to keep the creative juices going.  Respect.

• Like 1