Why become a member? ×

"20 Iconic Bass Guitars" - somefing wot I did...

Grassie

2 hours ago, Linus27 said:

Looks great. Just thought of another popular bass that would fit well, an Ibanez Musician.

And perhaps an Aria SB1000 tho, the ones you chose are more First Division iconic than the SBs (much as I love them).

Fantastic pic BTW, totally love it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TrevorR said:

And perhaps an Aria SB1000 tho, the ones you chose are more First Division iconic than the SBs (much as I love them).

Fantastic pic BTW, totally love it.

The Aria nearly made it on there. Replaced with Mr Enwistle's Alembic Explorer. 😊

17 hours ago, Spoombung said:

C'mon, you need a Carl Thompson on there... and at least one Ibanez...but I can see you're running out of space....

I wanted to limit the piece to 20 basses, and I had to decide which ones were more iconic than others. The only iconic Ibanez I could think of was the Musician but it got bumped out in favour of the Jaydee. 

Others have mentioned models that were "bubbling under" - maybe a second piece is called for, but I think I would struggle to find 20 more basses as iconic as the ones you see here. 😊

16 hours ago, jacko said:

Struggling to see any five strings on there. Jimmy Johnson's Alembic for example. First purpose built low B fiver.  

But is it as iconic as a Stingray or a Precision? Again, I wanted to limit it to 20, and there are just too many 4 strings that sit above any 5 string in terms of being recognisable to most bassists (and musicians). "Iconic" is the key word here, but I totally understand that it's subjective. 😊

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BassTractor said:

This is still an awesome project. :drinks:

Will there be extra copies so latecomers to the thread could get one of those?

I've ordered 10 copies from the printers, 3 have been sold (plus one of the guitar pieces), the rest will appear on marketplace. I was going to try to get 10 pre-sold then order the prints but it hasn't worked out like that, and I didn't want to keep those that had ordered waiting too long. 😊

19 hours ago, Grassie said:

I've ordered 10 copies from the printers, 3 have been sold (plus one of the guitar pieces), the rest will appear on marketplace. I was going to try to get 10 pre-sold then order the prints but it hasn't worked out like that, and I didn't want to keep those that had ordered waiting too long. 😊

Thanks for that!

Without checking whether I'm right, after following this thread it's my impression that one has to search for the project standings info and the pricing info.

In case this is correct, I think that maybe a new thread (or maybe just a new title for this here thread) is in order. and also very clear ordering and pricing info in the OP - should such a thread be allowed by the mod team. 

At any rate: good luck, and thanks for doing this!

Edited by BassTractor
speling
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, get yer lazy derrières over to that sales thread, and start ordering. It's a wonderful little poster indeed, printed on good, thick and stiff paper. I'm now a very proud owner of two of them (one vertical and one horizontal), and I really wasn't kidding when I mentioned my Picasso and my Dali and compared this to those in a favourable way...

Er... yes, I was kidding, but at least I wasn't lying. Now buy this thing. :D

Edited by BassTractor
  • Like 2

I meant to add to this thread that i received mine few weeks ago and it is a fantastic poster. You can either simply pin to your wall as it is much like we used to do when we were all teenagers where your bedroom wall was a shrine to all your idols or you can get it framed either DIY or professionally and it will still look cool no matter how you decide. Great piece showing some historical or iconic basses.

Thoroughly pleased with mine.

Dave

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...