Why become a member? ×

Orca Telebass Project Finished!!

Jimothey

2 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

I haven’t started it yet, I’m hopefully going to do this soon as I’ve got the body just sitting there, I’ve got most of the hardware I just need to order a neck........:D

Good luck! I am looking for a squier vintage modified precision tb to do a similar thing with.....i think!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grangur said:

Just arrived on this thread and, as you havent started: If you want a split-coil tele-P pickup. Jess Loureiro would probably make one for you. He hand winds and his pups are amazing.

http://jlguitars.eu/shop/index.php?id_product=25&controller=product&id_lang=4

Thanks but I’ve got some MM pickups to go in it :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally got started on this build! 

I've filled all the old cavity holes just waiting for the glue to go off then I'll fill it with two pack then sand it all down lovely and flat 

_20180701_084357.thumb.JPG.8022550da808aa21b35a7c47d06edcaa.JPG

The body is a slab body so I've got to do the belly and arm carves 😀

3 hours ago, Jimothey said:

slumpage (I think that's a word 🤔 if it's not it should be !?!) 

One

Two

Three

Yes, it's a word according to some dictionaries.

It is mildly amusing to find that neither Oxford, Cambridge nor Collins online dictionaries seem to carry a definition of the word whilst happily promoting the use of amazeballs with impunity.

Good grief.

If you do get as far as the third link, there are a couple of interesting variations of the root word - slump

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, BrunoBass said:

Which colour is it? I managed to find a BS reference that was almost identical to Capri Orange, yours looks very similar. Looks great.

Thanks mate!

Its called Real Orange by Plastikote, you can see the finished colour better on my 4 to 5 string conversion thread 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking of maybe incorporating a Jazz pickguard and control plate into this build? I would have to modify the shape slightly and alter the angle of the control plate but it will look along these lines not sure what colour pickguard? I'm thinking probably Black?....... 

_20180806_123633.thumb.JPG.00f1f9da8b356a427a1a301ff7397c0e.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimothey said:

I'm thinking of maybe incorporating a Jazz pickguard and control plate into this build? I would have to modify the shape slightly and alter the angle of the control plate but it will look along these lines not sure what colour pickguard? I'm thinking probably Black?....... 

_20180806_123633.thumb.JPG.00f1f9da8b356a427a1a301ff7397c0e.JPG

How about the pickguard and control plate made out of one piece of polished and laquered brass?  You could have it chromed if it didn't look right in brass.  Hammered and laquered copper plate perhaps?  Worrabout a textured chequer pattern on brass/copper/chrome plate?

@Jabba_the_gut made a lovely control plate for one of his builds.  That was brass to start off and he then had it chrome plated.  His pick guard was made from the plastic cover of a note book.  Boy did it look good, the textured black plastic pick guard with the chrome control plate.

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

How about the pickguard and control plate made out of one piece of polished and laquered brass?  You could have it chromed if it didn't look right in brass.  Hammered and laquered copper plate perhaps?  Worrabout a textured chequer pattern on brass/copper/chrome plate?

@Jabba_the_gut made a lovely control plate for one of his builds.  That was brass to start off and he then had it chrome plated.  His pick guard was made from the plastic cover of a note book.  Boy did it look good, the textured black plastic pick guard with the chrome control plate.

Not really a fan of brass but chequer plate sounds like an idea! 🤔

All I'm worried about is the extra weight if it's chrome but I'll see if I can find plastic chequer plate.......... 

5 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

You'll soon be knocking out some industrial grade grooves with no fear of slippage at all.  Trouble is, you'll be told to wear Toetectors by the safety elf.

It's OK the toetectors will fit in nicely with my hard hat and hivis ensemble as I'm the new bassist for the village people 😁

• Haha 1