Why become a member? Read more... ×
Commercial Opportunities Read more... ×

Hello, 

I'm looking for a Musicman Classic Sabre bass with maple fingerboard, preferred finishes sunburst or natural, but I would consider others. The only finish I would reject is black.

Thanks!

yt1-682x1024.jpg

2_ea56d8af-2699-4fc6-9e41-98a610890b9d.jpg

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By originalfunkbrother
      I have here a Musicman 4HH StingRay, 3 EQ, Honeyburst,  It has been the second choice bass but it is not used much. In fact, I have not played it in over a year. I see no point in keeping it as my Fender American Jazz Deluxe has not failed me at all. It comes with a custom flight case, guitar strap and a new set of strings.
      Ideally, would prefer collection from SE London but I am willing to post at buyers expense.

• By SurroundedByManatees
      Music Man Sabre Bass '79
      Cool old Music Man Sabre, made in 1979. Serial number C003876.

The sounds of this Sabre really kicks donkey, it has a great full agressive sound I really like. Its just awesome through my ebs fafner with eden 210xlt. I find it a much more versatile bass than the stingray. Of course it can sound like a ray (at least to my ears) with only the bridge pickup active, and bass and treble boosted. The neck pickup adds some nice, warmer other sound possibilities.

This sabre almost reaches the age of 40 years, so it has its wear from decades of use. Most visible is the buckle wear on the back of the body. Further on there are several smaller damages on several places of the body. Fine lacquer cracking is to be found at sides of most frets. The bridge saddle of the A string had been replaced by a previous owner.
      Though I really dig the sounds coming from the sabre, I find it not as comfortable to play as my fenders. The (kinda undeep, 42mm at the nut) neck doesnt feel as it was made for me, cant really explain why...I like the fenders better. Besides that I like a low action (I play with a soft touch), and action on this one doesnt get as low as on my tele or jazz which I play most of the time. So thats why Im thinking about selling it. 
      The sabre has gotten a full fret leveling/dressing by a professional luthier earlier this year. 
      The sabre weighs about 4.5 kg.
      No case or bag is included in the sale. Though it might be possible to buy along a fender case when the bass must be shipped.
      Update; ive noted that the truss rod bullet has been worn out. So it needs replacement. 
      The bass is fitted with labella flats at the moment.
      Pricedrop: £1.450 ----> £1.350
      The Music Man is located in the Netherlands. Several shipping options possible at buyers risk  
      Im actually looking to sell, but will consider trade offers; passive precision, mustang bass, something fretless, effects... Or maybe even a cool 60s fender P or J, combined trade with one of my other basses.
      Also electric fender strat/mustang/jaguar guit*rs may have my attention.
      Please do not hestitate to contact me if you have any questions or a specific and realistic partial trade offer. 

• By theshape101
      Now £1275!!!
      Selling my MusicMan Stingray 5H in excellent condition. It was built in December 2013. Rosewood fingerboard, Ash body, Maple neck, Vintage Sunburst. Comes with MusicMan hardshell case. It currently has black tuners on it but I still have the chrome ones so they can be put back on. 
      I’m not looking for any trades  

• By 28mistertee
      My stunning Stingray 5 in stealth black is up for grabs, I've just taken it out in the garden to take some pics and I really can't find a mark on it other than some really minor scratches (bucklerash) on the back but they are hardly visible. Even the film on the neckplate is still attached. Specs below:
      body: ash,
      neck: maple,
      neck mount: bolt on,
      fingerboard: Ebony,
      Inlays: dots,
      21 wide high profile frets,
      nut: graphite,
      nut width: 44,5 mm (1 3/4 inches),
      scale: 864 mm (34 Zoll),
      fingerboard radius: 11 inches,
      pickguard: black,
      pickups: 2x Music Man® humbucking with Alnico magnets,
      electronics: 3-Band active preamp,
      controls: Master Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass,
      bridge: Standard - Music Man® chrome, steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles ,
      hardware finish: black,
      tuners: Schaller, matching headstock,
      incl. case,
      colour: Stealth Black,
      made in USA
      Unfortunately I have some big bills looming hence me having to sell my bass of the highest value, to be completely honest i'm also struggling with the narrow string spacing too with my sausage fingers. Cash is king with no trades however please don't hesitate to drop me a message but it would have to be of lesser value. I will not ship as have had problems in the past but would be happy to do a meet within reasonable distance. Original case included. Any questions please fire away.
      TRADES ADDED: Band situation changed, looking for a decent 4 string open to trade ideas.

• By obbm
      Musicman Stingray 5 with Status neck and side LEDs. - £1200

This was my everyday go to bass however as I no longer gig seriously, and therefore have no need of a 5-string.  I have reluctantly decided that it must go as it just sits at home in its case and rarely gets played.

The core instrument is a 2003 Pacific Blue Burst Stingray 5, serial number E36***, which was fitted with a Carbon Fibre neck by Rob Green at Status in early 2005. The neck has subtle blue side LEDs and a separate battery box is fitted to power them.

Pick-up is a Nordstrand 3-coil with 3-way switching. The original MM pick-up is also included.

Pre-amp is the regular Stingray 5.

Schaller Strap-locks.

Complete with a Hiscox case.

Weight is 10lb 4oz.

Collection or meet preferred. Do not want to ship.

Would consider trades for 4-string basses e.g. Fender P or PJ with Jazz neck, Spector NS Doug Wimbush or NS with DW neck,  original USA Musicman Sterling but no Jazzes.