Why become a member? ×

Way Huge Pork n Pickle dual drive/fuzz pedal....any info?

Thunderpaws

13 minutes ago, radiophonic said:

So GG have taken your money, not delivered the goods because they don't have them and won't refund cash? I call it bogus. They pulled a different stunt on me a couple of years ago (charged my credit card an extra 50 quid for a bass to replace one I'd bought that had undeclared damage to the neck). I won't buy from them.

No, that's what I assumed when vouchers were mentioned, but it appears it's more along the line of "Merry Christmas, have some Guitar Guitar vouchers" as sold here!

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/giftcards/

3 hours ago, radiophonic said:

So GG have taken your money, not delivered the goods because they don't have them and won't refund cash? I call it bogus. They pulled a different stunt on me a couple of years ago (charged my credit card an extra 50 quid for a bass to replace one I'd bought that had undeclared damage to the neck). I won't buy from them.

I think you might have misunderstood. He used in-store vouchers (not cash) to pre-order a pedal that has been delayed (as pre-order items often do, due to production schedule delays). The vouchers were then used to buy alternatives as store credit is rarely given back as cash and Thunderpaws was also quite happy with this. I doubt GG we’re at fault in any way, it’s their supplier who has delayed the product shipment.

• Like 1

Understood.  Nobody has this pedal in the UK yet do they? Anderton's are saying sometime this month too. Odd that George Tripps made no mention of it during his 1 hr Anderton's video this week either!  I know it's only a lowly bass pedal, but if I had a new product, I'd at least mention it. I wasn't originally interested, but I may have a use for fuzz and swapping out a Pork Loin for a P&P would mean I had one with zero additional footprint. I suspect that something gated would be more up my street though. 

6 hours ago, skej21 said:

I think you might have misunderstood. He used in-store vouchers (not cash) to pre-order a pedal that has been delayed (as pre-order items often do, due to production schedule delays). The vouchers were then used to buy alternatives as store credit is rarely given back as cash and Thunderpaws was also quite happy with this. I doubt GG we’re at fault in any way, it’s their supplier who has delayed the product shipment.

Yeah, that’s correct. Though I haven’t made up my mind yet......keep waiting or pick up a bass big muff and something else. 

Main confusion was Way Huge telling me the issue was with Guitar Guitar, though it seems it’s not.  

1 hour ago, Thunderpaws said:

Yeah, that’s correct. Though I haven’t made up my mind yet......keep waiting or pick up a bass big muff and something else. 

Main confusion was Way Huge telling me the issue was with Guitar Guitar, though it seems it’s not.  

To be fair it’s been the same for years. Dunlop/MXR release pedals at NAMM, set a preorder date way too close to NAMM and then fail to meet the date. I went through exactly the same thing with the Dirty Donny swollen pickle and a couple of other NAMM releases from Dunlop/MXR.

I think I'll wait until they are in the shops and go and have a try.  The demo vid I saw sounded like the pedal was higher gain than my std PL - although this could be an artefact of the cap mod (i.e. more top rather than more gain). I generally really like George Tripps' stuff though and it's really bomb proof too. My guess is that the Conquistador might be a better fuzz for my purposes - i.e octave down > fuzz for kind on an on/off highly driven organ sound. I can get close with the Pork Loin + PS6 but it's not quite gainy enough and the bitcrusher is just a bit too extreme. I reckon the right fuzz is the answer. I'd be back to the footprint issue again though.

• 1 month later...