Why become a member? ×

Way Huge Pork n Pickle dual drive/fuzz pedal....any info?

Thunderpaws

@dave_bass5 WRT to whether it's marketed at bass players, I think they've been pretty ambiguous. I've seen it marketed in store type / on-line reviews as being 'for guitar or bass' and the clean blend option is something Bass players tend to care about a lot more than guitarists. It's also interesting that the P&P is being pushed as Way Huge's 'first bass specific pedal'. It does suggest that either they've tweaked the PL side OR that the PL is intended for both guitar and bass. Personally I'm not much of a fan of clean blend in bass overdrives anyway - and the PL is a pedal that really seems to hang on to the low end without it. I just  wanted the option to use it as a clean boost and that's my only complaint.  I wouldn't be surprised if running it at 12v fixed the clean side anyway! I only have 9 or 18 on my supply. 

If would expect 'first bass specific pedal' means 'we took the two guitar pedals we make that bassists really like and shoved them into one pedal' rather than 'we scoured forums for a handful of negative posts and tweaked these circuits to be even more bass friendly to fix their issues'... but you never know!

Let's see. I've got 130 quid sitting in my paypal account after selling some other pedals so the obvious thing to do is buy another pedal. I really like the Pork Loin already and I don't have a fuzz... If I buy a Muff, it means more real estate. If I buy the P&P, I can sell the Pork Loin and still not need more space. But then there's the Westwood... Smaller than the Pork Loin and do I really need a Fuzz anyway?  Oh Hell. 2018 was going to be the year of no new gear.

12 hours ago, radiophonic said:

Let's see. I've got 130 quid sitting in my paypal account after selling some other pedals so the obvious thing to do is buy another pedal. I really like the Pork Loin already and I don't have a fuzz... If I buy a Muff, it means more real estate. If I buy the P&P, I can sell the Pork Loin and still not need more space. But then there's the Westwood... Smaller than the Pork Loin and do I really need a Fuzz anyway?  Oh Hell. 2018 was going to be the year of no new gear.

Guitar Guitar have a Russian Pickle second hand for £95 at the mo.  

• 1 month later...

Anderton’s are advertising they will be in on 14th March, but I’ve never found them to be acurarte.

In my case it’s taken so long that I’ve gone of the idea now and am seriously looking into a SA Aftershock instead. Not that I’m not not happy with my PL, but I’m finding I actually use it on a lot of the time, so still need a ‘more dirt’ pedal to go along side it. 

Edited by dave_bass5

That SA Aftershock does sound awesome in videos and audio clips I have heard. I’ll wait another week or two and see what happens. 

I contacted WayHuge and they got back saying they have been shipping the P&P since December and that the issue must be with Guitar Guitar. 

On 11/03/2018 at 13:47, Thunderpaws said:

That SA Aftershock does sound awesome in videos and audio clips I have heard. I’ll wait another week or two and see what happens. 

I contacted WayHuge and they got back saying they have been shipping the P&P since December and that the issue must be with Guitar Guitar. 

I know people in the USA have them, but as with most things like this we have to wait a bit longer.

I just ordered an AS. Although i could wait for the WH pedal to become available, i have a feeling that even if it does sound as good as the PL (and there is no reason to think otherwise) i will find the AO a bit more versatile, and maybe even find the tone ive been looking for. Its hard to find that when you dont know what it is in the first place  lol. I dont want or need fuzz at all, but as with my Zoom pedals it will be nice to try different dirt engines out without breaking the bank.

2 hours ago, Thunderpaws said:

Have an email today saying the P&P will be shipped at end of March or beginning of April now. I hope it doesn’t keep getting shifted back. 

Enjoy your SA, it’s a shame 🎸 🎸 don’t sell them as I would have considered swapping. 

Followed my order up for it today and was told that it’s on the first UK shipment due to land mid-April. The UK distributors of Dunlop/MXR are always slow at getting NAMM product shipments so I expected the march estimated delivery date to get knocked back a few times. Time will tell!

14 hours ago, Thunderpaws said:

Have an email today saying the P&P will be shipped at end of March or beginning of April now. I hope it doesn’t keep getting shifted back. 

Enjoy your SA, it’s a shame 🎸 🎸 don’t sell them as I would have considered swapping. 

Cheers. im sure this must be 'the one'. With all that control i must be able to find something i can use.

12 minutes ago, Thunderpaws said:

Unfortunately have to swap for Guitar Guitar credit. 

Ah right, good luck.

just wanted to add that my comment about my PL wasn’t an open invite to buy mine, just making a one time gesture. 

I will be placing a for sale ad for it once I get my AS. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, mxm said:

I too got impatient and went with an AS - ungigged but impressed with its capabilities and tones so far.

I like the PL, especially after doing the cap mod, but its not quite what im looking for now. I have a feeling the P&P will just be more of the same. i have no need of the fuzz side at the moment.

1 hour ago, Thunderpaws said:

Unfortunately have to swap for Guitar Guitar credit. 

Why? Did you place the order for the Pork 'n' Pickle cash and they'll only offer credit if you cancel the (delayed) order? In any case I'd make a fuss about getting a proper refund so you can shop where you like!

6 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

Why? Did you place the order for the Pork 'n' Pickle cash and they'll only offer credit if you cancel the (delayed) order? In any case I'd make a fuss about getting a proper refund so you can shop where you like!

I used Guitar Guitar vouchers...I don’t actually know how that works!? 

So GG have taken your money, not delivered the goods because they don't have them and won't refund cash? I call it bogus. They pulled a different stunt on me a couple of years ago (charged my credit card an extra 50 quid for a bass to replace one I'd bought that had undeclared damage to the neck). I won't buy from them.