Why become a member? ×

Handbox Audio WB-100 - new 120w tube head (pics)

wateroftyne

Hi, i've just got this new rig to replace my old Ampeg V4 stack. Weight and size become a problem for me, si i've to downsize a bit!

I was sceptical at first but after a few hours of play at home, the sound is now warmer even if it's more modern than the V4.

I've still  to try it on next monday at rehearsal, to see if the Bf 210 is enough as a one cab solution to play loud with this amp, or if i've to catch a bigger cab like the super twin...

IMG_20200703_175243.jpg

Edited by doudoubass
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Is the top of that barefaced (ie, the right hand side on that picture) supposed to be like that, like it has been cut out of something and not matching the bottom?

Yes. All the X10 series are like that with their metal grille:)

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, E sharp said:

I've only got one side handle on mine - not two like the one in the clip . Same case and all .

Not sure if it's because it enables me to stand in up sideways for a bit , or it was sent out unfinished ?

TBH I'm sourcing rubber feet to add to one end as you can't stand it on its end, even temporarily when putting in car etc.

• 9 months later...
On 04/07/2020 at 11:35, doudoubass said:

Hi, i've just got this new rig to replace my old Ampeg V4 stack. Weight and size become a problem for me, si i've to downsize a bit!

I was sceptical at first but after a few hours of play at home, the sound is now warmer even if it's more modern than the V4.

I've still  to try it on next monday at rehearsal, to see if the Bf 210 is enough as a one cab solution to play loud with this amp, or if i've to catch a bigger cab like the super twin...

IMG_20200703_175243.jpg

That G&L is giving me the horn !

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 10/01/2018 at 09:49, wateroftyne said:

Some more gen:

• Power: 120W - 4x6L6
  • Preamp: 3x12AX7 
  • 460mm x 185mm x 340 mm
  • 16kg

Why would they use an North American tube rather than a European EL34? 

Just for posterity this amp does not use a 6L6. If it did they would melt! The letters after the 6L6 are important. The latest version that I know of is the 6L6GC. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...